Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X5 did some funky stuff...

gavetta

I already sent this ti QC and haven't heard back yet but here is the deal. I'm milling a prototyp out of modulon, do this all the time, I leave tabs on the part so when I flip it over its held secure. Everything went fine until the part of the program where i contour around the part and leave the tabs there. It cut into the part by have the cutter diameter with no offet (see Coilblock-error2-10-11-002). I had offest set for Control and verify was good (see attached pic of settings and verify). Now backplot was different (see Coilblock-error2-10-11). It shows a line in perpendicular to radius an a some radius. Look at my settings for leadin/out. Yeah, no line, and .1375 rad. This worries me. Back to X4 for now I guess. Anyone else scene anything like this. Oh yeah, heres a snipet of the code where it shut of the offset, which shouldn't have been on in the first place.???? :angry:

N330G1Z-2.05F80.

N331G3X5.5164Y-2.8036I.0004J-.1375F200.

N332G1G41D12Y-2.8039

N333X5.5174Y-3.2053

N334X5.5185Y-4.3039

N419G3G40X3.6251Y-7.7453J-.1375 this is where it turns it off before the next moves

N420G1Z.1F400.

N421G0X5.6525Y-7.7436

N422G1Z-2.15F80.

N423G3X5.515Y-7.6065I-.1375J-.0004F200.

oh well, better luck next time I guess.

post-10983-0-77213300-1297450608_thumb.jpg

post-10983-0-24850300-1297450624_thumb.jpg

post-10983-0-58243400-1297450654_thumb.jpg

post-10983-0-31822300-1297450683_thumb.jpg

post-10983-0-43280300-1297450704_thumb.jpg

I had offest set for Control and verify was good

Control offset is asking for trouble IMO... Verify CAN'T be "good"

Its only estimating what the control will do... This subject has been aurgued ad-nauseum

but Control Comp will eventually bite everyone who uses it.

I can't help you with the X4 vrs X5 behavior.. I have not used Control Comp since

I gave up Pencil Cam

N419G3G40X3.6251Y-7.7453J-.1375 this is where it turns it off before the next moves

looking at your Leadin/Lead out screen shot, you have tangent set to zero..

most controls will not run with cutter comp turning off or on with arcs..

Some controls error out and stop, some go nuts and gouge the part..

Does your control normally run code like this properly??

I don't know what kind of machine this is on, but most Fanuc machines will not turn an offset on during a radius move. It has to be a linear move. Also, if your compensation type is set to Control, it expects the control to have 1/2 the diameter in its offset. It would need to be set to Computer to have no diameter comp in the posted code.

Does your control normally run code like this properly??

Yup for the past 9-3/4 yrs it has, I'll have to go back and look at some actual code from previous versions but never ever had a problem before doing it like I have been. Thanks for the tip about the verify too. Can you explain the backlot issue? Is it the lead in set to tangent and no line deal?

It would need to be set to Computer to have no diameter comp in the posted code.

That's the thing, it was set to Computer, that's what I'm saying.

thanks folks, hope qc gets back to me.

oh, and by the way, It's a Fadal (don't say it I know) with 88HS set to Format 1

Is it the lead in set to tangent and no line deal?

turning cutter comp off or on with no leadin line will crash or error out every Fanuc control I have ever run

That's the thing, it was set to Computer, that's what I'm saying.

You screen shot shows control.. there would be no G41 or G40 output if it was set to Computer

Backplot has a switch.." Simulate Cutter Comp"

I have no idea how it behaves with Control Comp.. I have never used Control Comp in Mastercam

and never will.. in fact the last 3 shops I've worked will not permit the use on Control Comp

My bad, that's where I f'd up, I thouht it said computer,.....I'm an idot....well, good thing it's near the end of the day cause it's been a long week, I should have looked at it more closely, thanks G. any chance you can delete the thread, lol

P.S. There's probably someone at CNC's QC shakin thier head and saying "what a xxxx" or they're all sittin' around having a good group laugh,

P.S. There's probably someone at CNC's QC shakin thier head and saying "what a xxxx" or they're all sittin' around having a good group laugh,

email them and let them know it was a case of annal cranial inversion... :D

that way they won't waste any time on it.. ... don't feel bad.. we all do it....

but seriously ... post that file with an mpmaster post.. you'll see what I'm talking about.

mpmaster would have saved you and your part

Man, I just can't believe I'm that dumb today. I always leave it set for computer and for some reason that's what I thouht I was doing,...and believe me I know the difference...what the he77 was I thinking all day...I need a beer...is it time to go home yet?!!

Have a good weekend guys, I'm gonna hang my head and shame and exit stage left. :(