Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

O/T Robin Williams plan

d00d

Mark, I've wanted to know about absinthe ever since I saw the movie "From Hell" and I looked it up after reading your post.

Apparently Absinthe is very strong anis flavored liquor. It contains amounts of a slightly hallucinogenic substance derived from the wormwood herb. It is supposed to trigger the same cannabinoid receptors as THC and can cause hallucinations in large quantities.

It's bad reputation came from the fact that it's traditional emerald color came from chlorophyll but some distillers used copper sulfate and other nasty stuff to achieve the same tint -which could probably David Crosby-ize yo' xxxx quick.

It's supposed to taste like a bitter stronger version of Jaegermeister -(shudder)

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

It contains amounts of a slightly hallucinogenic substance derived from the wormwood herb. It is supposed to trigger the same cannabinoid receptors as THC and can cause hallucinations in large quantities.

O.K.......

Now we know what planet you are from Mark! biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Actually, "The Green Fairy" (la Fée Verte) has a bad reputation because of incidents like Van Gogh cutting off his ear while under its influence. It's banned in North America from what I know, although I've seen a version without wormwood available here, making it just another anisette, which I can't get overly excited about. For those interested, Absinthe spoons are now rumoured to be collectors items. These flat slotted spoons were placed over a glass and topped with a sugar cube that would dissolve as the liquor was poured into the glass.

What was the thread topic here?

[ 05-10-2003, 07:53 AM: Message edited by: Dave Thomson ]

quote:

Jaegermeister

It is most suitable on the day before the wedding and most definately on the morning of the wedding; when on the golf course (you need to tee off before 7:00AM otherwise it might be a little tough to make the church - that's if you make it at all - and yes we do live a little dangerously up here in Canada). smile.gif

quote:

What was the thread topic here?

Sorry Dave but Andrew sort of redirected the thread - I really didn't want mention it, but what the heck, it was Andrew, Andrew, Andrew! biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

He sort of steps into the fray every now and then with stuff like sheeps lung, haggis, fine cooking, and beverages. smile.gif

quote:

absinthe

Wow - I also did a search after reading your post. This is such a truly excellant forum.

cheers.gif

Regards, Jack

[ 05-10-2003, 08:57 PM: Message edited by: Jack Mitchell ]

quote:

These flat slotted spoons were placed over a glass and topped with a sugar cube that would dissolve as the liquor was poured into the glass.

Dave,

Your knowledge of Alcholic Subculture, Latin, and Post Processors sure makes you a unique individual, be sure to pass on some of that knowledge to young Jack, the next generation needs heros too.

- and I did Hi-Jack this thread, seems like it was going no where and needed help, besides who is this Williams clown anyway?

If you like a dark beer , with a slight sweet aftertaste try Abita Turbo Dog. It's what you thought Guiness Stout would taste like before you spit it back out. Very dark and heavy. Definatly would make you sick long before you got drunk wink.gif But still my favorite beer.

Robin Williams is the son of a relatively rich family. He started as a street performer in San Fransisco, and is known for his rather outragous improvisational, physical comedy; way over the top.

Robin became popular during the rise of outragous, irreverent comedy in the US during the 70's and 80's.

Recently, he has become a rather decent actor *Mrs Doubtfire", "Death to Smoochie", a few others), and some bombs too, but not a bad serious actor, getting better. He's not an impartial or thoughtful political analyst. But, that's not what he's being paid for.

Jim Carey is a FAR better physical comedian than Robin, but that's my opinion, which I'm not getting paid for.

[ 05-13-2003, 09:28 AM: Message edited by: Charles Davis ]

quote:

Recently, he has become a rather decent actor *Mrs Doubtfire", "Death to Smoochie", a few others), and some bombs too, but not a bad serious actor, getting better.

Have you seen him in 1 HR. Photo?

He played a pretty disturbed mental case! wink.gif

As a stand up comedian,IMO,he is brilliant.

I'd like to forget about the mork and mindy days.

Mark,

Funny you should wrap Terry Gilliam and Robin Williams all into one. The point of my question was that a Clown offered up opinion to generate a laugh and then these were taken too far in this thread. The Gilliam reference is to be extrapolated into Monty Python's Holy Grail where the brave knights Killed Sir Robin's Minstrals for their annoying entertainment style and less than sharp wit, though funny at the time.

I am done with this thread and there was much rejoicing (Yeah...)