Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

High Feed cutters

Those AJX cutters rock, even on a Haas. A coworker peeled back the shank on a 1" version of that tool, using just the last flat (ya, I know) and it now has a reach of about 4.00. The thing still kicks butt and insert life is great. In mild steel at , 2 inserts,1400 rpm, .04 Adoc, 50% Rdoc and 90 ipm, this makes some thick chips and a lot of music. This worked great with the HST core tool path as well. Pick the entire solid, set some depth limits, hit the green button and walk away (2nd part). Trying to get another one out of the Boss. I'd like to get my hands on some larger Dia. versions of that tool and take them for a spin.

• 1 month later...

Those AJX cutters rock, even on a Haas. A coworker peeled back the shank on a 1" version of that tool, using just the last flat (ya, I know) and it now has a reach of about 4.00. The thing still kicks butt and insert life is great. In mild steel at , 2 inserts,1400 rpm, .04 Adoc, 50% Rdoc and 90 ipm, this makes some thick chips and a lot of music. This worked great with the HST core tool path as well. Pick the entire solid, set some depth limits, hit the green button and walk away (2nd part). Trying to get another one out of the Boss. I'd like to get my hands on some larger Dia. versions of that tool and take them for a spin.

We use a lot of these on our big HBM's

The shell mill style are great on extended length arbors

Need a Ø6" x 14" deep flat bottom hole in mild steel ?? punch out the center with a Ø2" spad drill then chase it with a Ø2.5" AJX on a 15" extended arbor.

Use a strong air blast to get the chips out or they will eat the cutter body.

I use the the 2" shell mill on extended arbors out to 15" gage length. You have to back off the feeds and speed s a bunch at these lengths, but they work

The 6.3" version works really well on a machine strong enough to drive it.