Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

peel mill questions

Rocketmachinist

I have a slot .100 in diameter and 1.25 wide and open at one end. I'm trying to use a .0625 mill at .030 depth of cut, I cannot figure out how to get peel mill to work in this application. I'm cutting through a piece of brass tubing and don't want it to chatter. I understand how to use most of the 2d high speed toolpaths but this one I cannot rap my head around.

you can offset the slot .05 so the path is in the middle. Then do a peel mill and pick the offset path that is in the middle. Then in your page set up pick a single chain then in that box tell it what size you want the slot to be. There is also an option to do a finish pass. Here is a video on youtube that shows you how to do it.

Usually peel mill needs to be open on both sides of the slot.

My guess would be on trimming the wall to shorten the slot so it doesn't crashes in the dead end. And then do a finish pass in a separate contour operation

+1

I do closed end peel mill slots in exactly this way all the time. Ive never tried anything that small though.