Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Cimcoedit slow to open.

Mic6

After having problems with MC editor, I switched to Cimco, but when I click the green check to post, it takes a while for the code to pop up. This is just for a simple 1 tool program. Is there a reason why it takes so long to pop up? MC Editor usually takes about 5 secs to open, Cimco is taking 30-40 seconds

TIA

Is it actually taking that long to launch Cimco? or to post the program and then open Cimco?

What if you open up Cimco manually beforehand and just have it minimized? Does it still take as long to post?

Have you made a change to your post recently?

So I opened Cimco directly from the editors folder and it took the same amount of time(almost a minute). I left Cimcoedit open, posted and the code popped up almost instantaneously. I'd rather not leave Cimco open all the time minimized. My post hasn't changed in quite some time. Does everybodys Cimco open this slow?

Tony: Dude, I'm finally getting back on track, I'll update the other thread on what was causing my problem. Should worth a laugh, but my MC editor keeps getting errors which drive me nuts.

JP,

Didn't you help me with the identical problem a year or so ago? It seems that all I had to do was to drag a copy of the cimco.exe file into the root file of mcam. Does that sound right? I did a search here but couldn't find it. I looked at my current root file and it's not there so I'm unsure. Since Mike and I both work for the same employer, I don't think the anti-virus is the issue.

Hmmm..

Do you use Nethasp? If so, when CimcoEdit OEM version is checking the SIM, the Nethasp check is sometimes slower. If you use CimcoeEdit Pro (recommended anyway), you get a license file and the SIM is not anymore tested. Cimco will also supply a license file free of charge to those with this problem. Your dealer should contact Cimco.

Same problem here with Cimco slow to startup.

Also using Microsoft Security Essentials.

I changed the settings for “Excluded processes”, and added CIMCOEdit.exe, and that fixed the problem!!!

I also added Mastercam and SolidWorks just for good measures.

Thanks for the tip. I would not have thought to this problem was being caused by my virus software.

• 2 months later...

Well, aside from my issues, forgot to ask about Cimco Edit Pro, my co-worker had an error pop up yesterday wehn opening Cimco "Hasp not found". Mastercam opens no problem, yet this error only happens when opening Cimco from the task bar, or posting a program into the editor. What gives?