Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X'ed out ops

Jeremiah

Man this is frusterating. I'm working on a 5 axis program that has 17 groups and 119 ops. When I save the file all the ops are good (don't need to be regenerated). When I close mastercam V9.1 and go back into the file several, not all, but several of the ops need to be regenerated. Any ideas what might be causing this ? I know I could lock the ops, but should I have to ?

Thanks in advance if anyone can help.

Jeremiah

Thanks James - The toolpaths are not associated to the solid. There are several surface toopaths, drilled holes and simple 2d contours. I have seen strange things happen though when programming off of the solid.

Thanks Jim- I did have the "restore NCI" button on. I have turned it off and will see if that did the trick.

Jeremiah

O.k- so with the "restore NCI" button off and the ops unlocked this is what is happening. When I save the file I get a momentary delay, while "restoring NCI" flashes as the bottom of the screen. When I go back in the file the collapsed groups are X'ed out, but when you open the group up, none of individual ops are X'ed. hmmmm WTF ?

Jeremiah

I recently had a similar problem. Read more here.

My problem was that all my ops were dirty. I believe the culprit was opening the same files on different computers.

Jammer had a thread on this as well. I believe it was in Nov of last year. Do a search on "dirty operations" and you should find some more info.

Good luck.

Thad

When you look at the ops that need regenerating, what is the NCI size? If it is zero, is it possible that the disk you are saving the file to is full or near full? MasterCAM saves the NCI informaiton last, so if it runs out of room, one or more of the toolpaths will be 'lost' and require regeneration. The symptom I usually see with this is that the NCI size on the dirty ops is zero.

It's a known bug. It has to do with the way your views used in your operations are stored in v9.0 and then restored in v9.1. It's been fixed and will be out with the SP1 patch coming "soon". Until then, regenerate your operations and save it. It should be OK from there on. Sorry.

I have found that if you have the use exitsting tools when importing operations, and delete duplicate entities in File/Get on the configure page checked. You can have this problem. We don't have and use the same tool library on each computer. It seems that there was another setting that I changed as well, I'll try to remember.

HTH

cheers.gif

To take this one step further. So I created the file I have been speaking of back in 2/03 in v9.0. I have since upgraded to v9.1. When I open the original v9.0 file in v9.1 and post a few "curve 5x" operations with out regenerating, and then regen the ops and post again, I am getting totally different z level numbers. The x,y,a,b are identical, but the code from V9.1 has z numbers that are approximately .055 deeper. ARGH!!!

Has anyone else seen this? Is anyone running both v9 and v9.1, perhaps on different computers? If someone could do a quick and easy curve 5x toolpath and see if you see what I am seeing, I would greatly appreciate it.

frown.giffrown.giffrown.gif

Jeremiah

O.k. I have uploaded 4 files to cadcam's FTP site.

curve5x_v90_sp1.mc9

CURVE5X_V90_SP1.NC

curve5x_v91.mc9

CURVE5X_V91.NC

This is in relation to my previous post about bad z numbers on a curve 5axis move from V9.0 to V9.1.

I have sent the files to [email protected] and hope to get a response soon. If anyone would care to take a look at the aforementioned files, please feel free.

I need to get these parts off the machine, but am not complete programming the mirror image hand. I think I am going to have to uninstall V9.1 and re-install V9.0sp1. There has been mention of the files not being backward compatible, but I just tried it and it seemed to work.

Any help or comments would be great.

Thanks

Jeremiah

[ 05-29-2003, 05:35 PM: Message edited by: Jeremiah ]

At least the guys at CNC didn't tell me it was my error. They say they are working on it. There is deffinately something bogus about the curve 5x toolpaths in V9.1. Customers doesn't like to see a DMR cause of "software bug". Man this really sucks.... Just blowing, thanks for listening.