Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Master3DGage Videos

Sorry you feel that way Jeff. I am trying to earn a living and if my boss feels people are watching then he feels I am doing my job. You can put a fake name if you want, but it helps us track effectiveness of doing things like this. So far 20 people have looked at them so that is very cool. I tired posting them on you tube, but seeing it was going to take 1400 hours to load one to you tube I had to it this way.

Cliff notes are I can align to a part. Then using the 3 external points I can move the arm to a different side fo the part and pick up those 3 points and the system will them jump the arm to that new position while keeping the original alignment active and no extra work is needed.

The GagePlate is a plate that has qualified points in it. Same concept except you put the probe into those points and it move the device through the whole plate without having to lose an alignment to a bigger part than the arm can reach at one time. It is pretty neat and cool stuff so I thought I would share what are some things Verisurf does that others may not be aware of.

Glad you liked and the cool thing is the 3 point method can be any 3 points on anything. We have customers putting these types of patterns in their tables, tombstones or just making up pucks that can be hot glued to a part of table that give them the same effect. I am proud to be part of a company that is doing everything in its power to help the American Manufactures do a better quality job easier. Mastercam is great CAM software now through Verisurf on top of it and you got one unbeatable combination for today's modern manufacturer.

Again thanks to all of those that have download the Video. I am working on another one for the HTEC event in Phoenix.

• 1 year later...

... hello Ron, i met you at PRI a while back, and we have since puchased the complete Master3DGage system, and a couple of custom probes, we have already built a granite top table for the arm, which weighs about 400lbs !!! ...

... we also got the "Complete MasterCam X6" software from the re-seller in our area, they even sold me on the "Port Expert" upgrade, to go along with our RMC 5 Axis CNC machine ...

... my shop is a Race Engine Building shop, so we also do a ton of cylinder head work, and we also will be doing CNC porting very soon, my question to you is do you, or can you provide a detailed "Guide" or list illustrating the steps (A-Z) for alignment, planes, point-cloud, refining/smoothing, 3D Mesh, Splining, furthur smoothing, Rev to Rev, toolpath, Mirroring ports & locating them ?? ...

... if you have any "Go to Meetings" you have recorded on the subject that would be fantastic !!! ... now i have been in a "Go to Meeting" with you once already, and you were a major help, but my problem is you are so fast/good at what you do, i have a very hard time trying to keep up with you ?? you are a Jedi with that thing Ron, lol ...

... of course any videos you may have done would be great also, i know you are very busy, but we are trying our best to learn this new system, and are in desperate need of instruction, our training has been slow, and it is very far away also, so its hard to get back to back training or hands on use with the Master3DGage, especially if we dont know how to use it ourselves ...

... my biggest speed-bump is the Master3DGage is primarily used for "inspection" work ..(we will not be doing much of this at all).. and we need to be trained for the "Cylinder head" reverse-engineering, digitizing side of Master3DGage, and there just is not anyone (that i know of) that knows this side of it like you do ?? ... our re-seller refers us to Verisurf for many aspects of this type of work, because they do not know how to perform these type of functions, and then when i get Verisurf "tech help" on the phone, they tell me to contact my re-seller ??? ...

... needless to say, it is a little frustrating ... but any help you could provide would be fantastic ron, thank you again for your help ...

Bill it is funny just called you this morning. I was busy yesterday in training, but free today. Thanks for the kind words and will be glad to do more gotomeetings with you to help you refine your skills. Steve and those guys are great and we never want our customer to struggle. I left my contact number and will be more than willing to help you get over the learning hump so to speak with the Master3DGage.

The Jedi remark made me laugh this morning so thanks for that, seems others do not share that same impression of my work but I digress. Please let me know what I can do to help and here is a link to a Video that might help you some.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sc10x5Hv1SE

Bill it is funny just called you this morning. I was busy yesterday in training, but free today. Thanks for the kind words and will be glad to do more gotomeetings with you to help you refine your skills. Steve and those guys are great and we never want our customer to struggle. I left me contact number and will be more than willing to help you get over the learning hump so to speak with the Master3DGage.

The Jedi remark made me laugh this morning so thanks for that, seems others do not share that same impression of my work but I digress. Please let me know what I can do to help and here is a link to a Video that might help you some.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sc10x5Hv1SE

... what ?? i cant imagine someone would think your work is sub-par ?? ... that is just crazy ... you are the sole reason i bought this system, when i watched you demonstrate the 3DGage at PRI, i was sold, i just didnt have all the money at the time, lol ... but thank you for your quick response, as i know you are a very busy man, and i really appreciate your time, thank you ...