Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Suface errors when converting IGES files.

RandleXX

Try file/converters/iges/scan file.See if you are getting entity types 142 and 144 or 141 and 143.I had a problem igesing from ideas for some reasom mastercam didn't like types 141 and 143.Once we changed the settings on the export side to only output 142 and 144 it fixed everything.Had some thing to do with how it imports trimmed surfaces.

cheers.gif Noel

RandleXX,

+1 what Henk said. From Unigraphics just export a Parasolid file (X_T) that Mastercam can read in using the File-Converters-Parasolid menu. It's free with Mastercam and will come in much cleaner than an IGES file. If you have the Solid module added onto your seat of Mastercam, you will have the option of converting the Parasolid as a solid part or trimmed surfaces. The solid is watertight and won't have surface errors like an IGES does. HTH cheers.gif

Hi, Randle I have been having the same problem especailly with IGES-110 lines for some reason Mastercam does not want anything to do with them. Anyway if you have access to Rhino I would seriously suggest using it because it has tons options for exporting and fixing IGES files and easily converts to parasolid. Although be careful on Parasolid because I tried converting a parasolid and well lets just say it took forever, actually I stopped the process because it was taking to long.

Rhino is excelent for imorting/exporting iges files. It's almost worth the price of the program just for it's import export options. cool.gif

If you still have MC8.1.1 (or any other version of 8) installed bring it in there and save it as an mc8 file. Then you'll be able to bring it into 9 correctly. You can try 9sp1 if that's still installed, but I'm not sure that will work. I know by 8.1.1 they had most all the kinks worked out in iges importing/exporting but that seemed to get lost in the jump to 9. frown.gif

I'm not sure if the guys at mastercam are aware of exactly whats wrong and are working on it or not, but you might want to send a copy of that file to [email protected] so they can take a look.

[ 06-13-2003, 09:16 AM: Message edited by: Zero ]