Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

calling all Beta Testers - X6 tool manager

MrFish

Does anyone know if the new toolmanager in X6 will output more infomation so other progams can accuratley reproduce the cutters/holders . My problem specifically is with vericut not beinag able to produce the right cutter/holder geometery when using the Mastercam/vericut interface. C G Tech tell me that mastercams tool manager does not currently put out enough information for vericut to accurately reproduce the cutter/holder combinations correctly.

Mr Fish,

Do you use the holder library from mastercam? If so, The Mcam->Vericut interface will take the holder information into account. You need to define a system variable for that. Contact CgTech for all the info and files for the intsrface.

HTH

If you have complex multi step tools, make them custom tools, and Vericut brings them in very nicely.

All of my defined holders come in good too.

Failing that, I bring them into Vericut via DXF import.

But since X5 and Vericut 7.12, I rarely have to do anything if I use the interface.

Usually I leave them like that. A shank or tool holder collision will occur if it hits, and let's you know either way.

But if I really need to know what the shank is doing, open the tool manager to the tool holder definition, and delete the first two lines of the profile. Change the third line X to zero. Tool holder now has proper def.

Open the tool and change the H value if it is a regular tool, or the last two dims for a revolved tool.

I just did this yesterday to 46 tools in a very short time.

Usually tho, I just jeave the shank part of the holder. It will show collisions either way

I have the same problem. X5 MU1 and Vericut 7.1.4 What is the deal with Mastercam tool library not being able to define a tool with a holder in the library??! Is this going to be fixed?? I can add a hsk holder to my tool, but it doesn't stick the next time I program a new part. It's annoying having to add a hsk holder each time to a tool and not have it stick. Especially with 320 tools.

Usually I leave them like that. A shank or tool holder collision will occur if it hits, and let's you know either way.

But if I really need to know what the shank is doing, open the tool manager to the tool holder definition, and delete the first two lines of the profile. Change the third line X to zero. Tool holder now has proper def.

Open the tool and change the H value if it is a regular tool, or the last two dims for a revolved tool.

Usually tho, I just jeave the shank part of the holder. It will show collisions either way

This is how I do it too, just frustrating that I have to.

• 2 weeks later...

Robert do you have any suggestions as to how to get the Tool manager Report to output the correct holder descriptions when they are transfered from mastercam and get the right cutter stick out since the shank of the tool is now part of the holder ?

post-25701-0-95596800-1317240300_thumb.gif

In the above example the "Holder1" description is holders that have come from the mastercam interface. The correctly titled holders are ones I have added in vericut.

The "Cutter Stick-out" should read 38mm for tool 1 but because vericut adds the 5mm of shank to the holder this is not output correctly. This causes crashes at the machine when cuters are not hanging out far enough.

At this stage I can only see the report template as being redundent with these two major components not correct, which is a shame as I often modify tool and holder lengths slightly when doing 5 axis work in vercut to get a crash free program and it is a bit of a pain to keep going back into mastercam to alter holders and cutters just so i can get an accurate setup sheet from mastercam.