Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Change tool name

neurosis

SO TRUE!!! I REALLY HOPE THIS TOOL DEBACLE GETS FIXED SOON!!! maybe they dont consider some of them important!!?? but i guess when its not your 300,000 mill with a 40,000 spindle that takes a minimum of 3working days to replace

or that you charge 100$/hr for labor, working 3shifts per day,, work in a job shop,, etc etc ,,,

and yeah i get it i should go thru my 60,000 line program to look for stuff that my software is supposed to do for me???

maybe if they consider that this software is not for play time,,, these little idiosyncrasies are not so little

also why make software that allows you to attack a problem from 5 diffrent angles if only one of those angles gives you the correct result??

no im not a mc hater!! i recommended this software to the company i work for!!! but now im left feeling like a dip xxxx because of some of these issues!

Pretty well sums up a fair amount of my critisism.

Except for the part about recommending MC.... I am actually doing the exact oppposite.

This bug just bit me in the xxxx today. 4 hard S7 blocks need welding. I added (relieve .6") to the tool description in the tool manager and sure xxxx, they didn't change in the ops, therefore, the setup sheet printed the original tool description. Needless to say, the cutter diameter is .1875 with a .250" shank and the walls rubbed off. I have known about this bug for some time, but I simply missed it today.

Just had it happen 5 minutes ago.

We have two new machine coming in on Monday. I am creating some standard tools and preparing a job to go on it asap. So I change one of the tools to a number that will be a standard tool.

:)

G91 G28 Z0.

M01

N6 T6 M06 (DEFINE TOOL NAMES)

G20 G40 G49 G80

LMAO.

You know what's a real blast, having a selected holder magically change and having to go through 30 ops that use that tool to change them back to the right one. Then wait 20 min while the ops regen. I don't see nearly enough outcry on how much of a mess holders are. Am I the only one that uses them?

Mike

You know what's a real blast, having a selected holder magically change and having to go through 30 ops that use that tool to change them back to the right one. Then wait 20 min while the ops regen. I don't see nearly enough outcry on how much of a mess holders are. Am I the only one that uses them?

Mike

nope!!! i really love this one!! out of all the bugs this is my absolute favorite,,, i really hope they dont fix this one because its just a jolly good time clicking the xxxx out of my left mouse button to fix a tool that has 40 or so ops !!!!!