Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Do not buy Camaix MAZATROL programming software

R.Keath

Well if James is considered, God, for having a strong opinion on something then I guess I have a God complex too. Were the hell did

quote:

God call himself james mayett

come from?

So his opinion is wrong and yours is right? Dude, thats bullxxxx. You need to relax and stop shootin your mouth off, cuz you sound ignorant.

I haven't run either of these machines, I was following the thread to learn something about the Mazatrol, then the pissing match started. Which, when dine right, can be alot of fun to follow. But you show bad form and must be called on it.

Chill

cheers.gif

[ 06-13-2003, 03:56 PM: Message edited by: Toolfab ]

I think all this about James not being god is blasphemous. No he's not God almighty, but on the forum he is "James Almighty". So he's not perfect. That does not change fact he ALWAYS tries to help legit users. Plus James is too much fun to pick on.

I liked it when firedragon asked him if his trailer was single or doublewide. Too funny.

Hang in there James. You're still my hero.

James,

Didn't want you to whip out the Flame-thrower,

just wanted to razz you about your Mori's. tongue.gif

I just came back in from watching that 17 incher run, man what a kick in the a$$. Sorry about that rip on the Moris but I love my Mazaks !

And no I don't bury 1" em in mat'l anymore, I use insert cutters and save my company money. cool.gif

Happy Fathers Day to all you Dads. cheers.gif

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

quote:

James, you missed one...

No I did not, it is acceptable to use a comma after an "and" if the the sentence has other words ....... hrmmmmffffff, I can't remember the exact rule, English is my second language. Gimme a break. I spoke "Dude" long before I needed to learn how to speak English.

quote:

How can you call yourself "regular" when you wear a benie with a propellor on top

Well regular except for that, and regular like the rest of us.

[ 06-13-2003, 06:38 PM: Message edited by: James Meyette ]

I beleive there is a Mazak with a fanuc control on it. Ultra high end unit with linear motors instead of ballscrews: 3,000 to 4,000 ipm rapid feedrate so I'm told. Apparently the 640 fusion wasn't set up to run linear motors. As far as the camaix post we have several customers using it every day.

later,

I haven't checked it out personally but one of our customers was telling me about them. There are no ball screws to move the axis' whatsoever. I was hoping someone else had heard of them and could shed a little more light on exactly how it works. When creating a peice of automation some years ago I looked into "electric cylinders" as opposed to using hydraulic. At the time the power requirements and price made them cost prohibative for the project but they worked strictly off magnetic feilds. I'm assuming it is set up similarly to these "electric cylinders" I checked out.

I couldn't copy the link but here is the text from what I found at mazak.com, wow:

MZK-949 F3-660L

Mazak's New F 3-660L Linear Motor Driven Horizontal Machining Center

for High-Volume Production

Mazak Corporation's new medium-sized F3 -660L horizontal machining center is designed for high-volume, high-speed machining operations, with spindle speeds from 0 to 20,000 RPM in 1.55 seconds, 3.2G acceleration/deceleration rates, 90° table indexing at 0.8 seconds and a chip-to-chip time of 2.4 seconds. Workpiece loading and unloading can be done in a robot cell with one or more F3-660L machines.

High-speed and high accuracy

Mazak's F3 -660L is intended to replace traditional inflexible production equipment used in high volume automotive parts or similar applications. By taking advantage of the F3 -660L's 3.2G acceleration/deceleration for simultaneous X, Y, Z axis vectorial feedrate, it is ideal for many drilling and tapping operations. For example, traveling a 7.87" distance takes only 0.3 seconds, less than ¼ the time of conventional machines to reach its top speed. For the F 3 -660L, rapid traverse rate for X, Y, Z axis is 4720 IPM. Cycle times are reduced even further with a table index time of 90° in 0.8 seconds. Its stationary machine table is a square 19.7". Tool changes are also extremely fast at 0.45 sec. for tool-to-tool.

The lightning fast speed and acceleration on this production center is generated through linear motors on each axis. Rigid machine construction plus high-speed response CNC system contributes to this optimum performance and is possibly the fastest machining center made.

Strokes for the X and Y axes are 26"; Z axis stroke is 20".

Parts such as aluminum castings are machined much faster on the F3 -660L than on others in its size range when configured in a two-pallet setup. The F3 -660L's optional two-pallet changer allows easy part load/unload without interrupting production.

Designed as a standard CNC machining center module, the F3 -660L can be incorporated in a flexible transfer line for high volume production with the ability to easily change over to different parts quickly.

The tool magazine stores 40 tools with a No. 40 taper. Tool life management software, two-pallet changer, flood and base coolant systems and spindle chiller unit are all standard.

Standard control on the F3 -660L is Fanuc 18I with 10" color LCD screen.

I sit corrected, Dave. I'm only letting you win because I feel bad for taking your spot on the top 5 posters. (And because you're right, I looked it up. But I'm not going to admit that.)

So much for my grammer attacks on forum members. tongue.gif

'Rekd teh Sit down and shut up, Rekd!

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

For the guys wondering about "Linear Motors", what they are, how they work, etc...

Think Mag-Lev Train. That's the principle behind it. The normal drive mechanisms in CNC's are no more. No ballscrews and ball nuts to wear out, no ways and saddles to wear out either. No encoders per se. Linear motors ere not new, the first Linear Motor Machine was built in the early 90's. They are extremely expensive as compared to the "normal" machine. The motors are capable of acceleration rates above 10g. The only real limitation in their application is that the mass of the machine by itself is not enough to keep it in place. The acceleration rates are so great that they are "turned down" from their full potential because it would have a tendency to "skate" across the floor. These machines must be properly anchored and have their own foundations. Mori Seiki has had a Linear Motor machine for years now. It's just they are not that popular and well known because of their tremendous expense (almost double the price of a comparable machine). Actually, the Ingersoll HVM (High Velocity Machine) was manufactured by Mori Seiki. Here's a link to a nige graphic on how the principle works. The animation is a round motor but just picture "unrolling" it and lay it out flat and thot's how it would work for a CNC.

Linear Motor Animation

HTH

Mazak are/have been using Fanuc 16i controls on some of there VARIAXIS 5axis machines, and are using fanuc 15i on there Vortex serie.

The Mazatrol controllers are (or at least some are) basicly a Mitsubishi controller with a mazak/mazatrol frontend. And like most Mitsubishi controllers the run quit fast.