Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

OT/ Your Morning Ritual

Tony

Rekd,

Do you have a book that tells you the best way to teach sign to babies or are you taking a class with him. We have a 9 month old daughter that i get up with from when we go to bed till 4:00AM. We cut her night time feedings out till 4:00AM. i can get her back to sleep normally in less than 5 minutes, if my wife gets up with her she just wakes up more because she wants to be feed. She still gets up 1 to 2 times a night. things sure do change when you have a kid. then they change even more when you have the second one.

Jody

11:00pm - go to bed.

11:30pm - wife starts snoring.

12:00am - counting the floaters on the ceiling

12:30am - wife snoring louder... (imagine the wail of a wounded bison with a death pack of coyotes circled around)

1:00am - fall asleep

1:30am - wife crawls out of bed to pee

2:00am - wife snoring...

2:30am - fall asleep

3:00am - wife crawls out of bed to pee. Unleashes the waft of fart percolating in the Dutch Oven.

3:30am - wife snoring. Find myself conversing with dead relatives while I'm in the zone between the concious and unconcious.

4:00am - wife wakes up to pee...

4:30am - fall asleep.

5:30am - alarm goes off.

6:00am - my day starts...

jagourley,

We're using a book, it's called (from memory, not too reliable), Sign With Your Baby. I'll post the author/publisher tonite if you're interested. I can't see taking a class, as it will be so long between new 'signs' that it's easy enough to learn thru books.

I believe his vocabulary (signing) will increase rapidly, considering his willingness to learn new things to date. (I'm so lucky, he got my wife's looks and my desire for knowledge).

Being able to have him tell me what he wants/needs before he can talk will be of tremendous value, as will the skills associated with learning sign later in life.

'Rekd teh overjoyed

p.s., wood, have you considered a nite-time job?

[ 06-23-2003, 01:13 PM: Message edited by: Rekd ]