Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

OT/ Your Morning Ritual

Tony

No alarm clock....

I get up when I am not tired anymore....

(Hey isnt some German labor party

striking for a 35 hr work week)!slack please..!

Next brew some Joe,Hit the shower,

See whats new online...

Darn kids...pick up the Yard...

Hit the ATM (My bank, no fee)

Once at work....Get everything going as in

Feed the Lions.

I am there an hour +

After everyone else has left.

Repeat.....

Not to bad if I could only get rid of Saturdays... wink.gif

[ 06-20-2003, 05:53 AM: Message edited by: Tony ]

4:40 a.m.- Beep,beep,beep,WHAM! (snooze)

4:47 a.m.- Beep,beep,beep,WHAM! (off)

4:47:35 a.m. I'm up and in the shower.

4:51 a.m. brewing some Joe.

5:01 a.m. Grab lunch, kiss wife and baby (2 month old) sleeping on couch. groan moan. luv you too.

5:45 a.m. Open shop.

6:00 a.m. 4:30 p.m. babysit, fight fires.

repeat with one additional snooze as the week goes on.

Jeremiah

6:15 alarm goes off

6:20 get up, wife is already in upstairs bathroom go downstairs, daughter has that bathroom tied up

6:25 drink a pot of coffee wait patiently for bathroom

6:30 get bathroom redface.gif

6:31 Just get seated on my throne when daughter #2 wants in. mad.gif

6:33 hurry up my morning BM so daughter can use bathroom. (Hope to finish when I get to work)

6:34 grab a bowl of cereal patiently wait for bathroom frown.gif

6:40 get bathroom again take shower

6:45 run to car. Stop runs back into house, get the dog tie her out.

6:59 arrive at work. Sprint across parking lot

7:00 clock in

7:30 finish what I started at 6:31(see above) biggrin.gif

4:30 am: Hit the snooze.

4:45 am: Turn the other alarm clock off!

5:00 am: Hit the snooze again, git up, time for the oatmeal.

5:15 am: Shower, make sure I'm fancy looking enough to sit in an emergency meeting that keeps me from getting any work done!

6:00 am: Clock in, and don't look back!

Anywhere between 2:30 & 6:00 pm: Gt home, decide I',m going to change jobs!

Anywhere between 9:00 & 12:00: Go to bed looking forward to going back to work because I know there's nothing I'd really rather do than machine!

5:30- Alarm goes off

5:45- still laying in bed waiting for girlfriend to get out of shower

6:00- still waiting

6:10- finally in shower

6:20- having coffee that girlfriend made too strong while she does her hair for the third time this morning

6:35- finally leave house

6:50- get to work

7-3:30- lean on my machine while it does all the work, check the mastercam forum, check my spam, and wonder what our engineers are smoking while they drive their train.

3:30-3:45....sometimes 4:00- wait for OPPIZ and the rest of his crew to let me through the #%&* intersection so I can go home and spend quality time with my couch.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

quote:

...and wonder what our engineers are smoking while they drive their train.

ROFL!!!!!! Man, you must have the same group working for you that we have here.

quote:

3:30-3:45....sometimes 4:00- wait for OPPIZ and the rest of his crew to let me through the #%&* intersection so I can go home and spend quality time with my couch

They let us clock out at 3:25 so we can get a jump on the traffic. cheers.gif

quote:

and wonder what our engineers are smoking while they drive their train.

Engineer.... whats that????

[ 06-20-2003, 02:58 PM: Message edited by: OPPIZ ]

quote:

...and wonder what our engineers are smoking while they drive their train.

Only one of our engineers smokes and that's every 15 minutes, not including lunch and breaks. [ Gotta go check on the _mgrphlgargh_ in the back. Be back in 15minutes ]

I think someone spiked their coffee pot though. smile.gif

4:00am Alarm - slam - snooze

4:07am alarm - slam - snooze

4:14am alarm - wife threatens pain if I hit snooze again.

4:15am - 4:45 Shower, shave, breakfast, and see if there's anything interesing in the news.

4:45am Leave for work.

4:50am Arrive at work. Living a mile away does have it's benifits. smile.gif

4:55am punch in..... Unless the guy who opens the shop oversleeps again. In that case....

4:55 am - 5:35am Sit in car, listen to radio and wait for guy.

5:00am - 3:00pm(ish) Try to do productive work. Usually though, I'm told to work on something else ... If it's so hot why wasn't it done yesturday?

3:00pm Attempt to go home without have to do 'just one more thing before you go home.' It'll only take 5 (aagheem..60) minutes.

3:05pm arrive home, kiss wife, play with 1 year old son. biggrin.gif

Bryan smile.gif

I wake up on the living room floor where I fell asleep watching TV .

Woof, the dog comes and gets me to let him out in the back yard.

I pour some coffee into my favorite red cup, with the reindeers on it.

I take my coffee upstairs to spy on my wife taking a shower, I brush my teeth, and peek into the shower again , with some kind of cat call or whistle. She gets out of the shower and covers absolutely every inch of herself with a towel. When I get out of the shower, Go to where my wife is getting ready for work, and tease her by pulling on the towel, and then I finish getting ready.

I drive an old truck so I always put my bike in the back, so I can ride it If the truck breaks . I take the old road because although it is slower, it is 7 miles shorter each way-- and more pleasant.

Once at work, I take a lap to see how our night shift team did, then respond to anything the line needs for that morning. Then check the forum, and see if I have any emeals(an email that's a lunch invite)

Then I make any models for the rest of the morning.

-------Lunch Time--------

Then program to the models for the remainder of the day.

Then go race my bike, play poker, or take my wife out.

2:33 am; boy wakes up, wants to eat

2:37 am; dad wakes up, mom's elbow in the ribs because boy now practices "dadadada" (raspberries are a cinch) instead of eating like he should be..

2:45 am; boy and mom asleep, dad holding ribs trying to catch a breath

2:54 am; dad sleeps

4:07 am; grey cat's clock broke, thinks it's time for me to get up.. dodges left shoe and retreats, noisily

4:23 am; male cat wants attention, nibbles at any open skin to get attention

4:28 am; 3rd cat is too fat to dodge shoes, learned a long time ago to stay out in the morning

4:55 am; alarm goes off, playing "You are my sunshine, my only.." Scramble to hit snooze before boy wakes up

5:07 am; snooze

5:14 am: get up, trying not to disturb sleeping cat on my feet

5:15 am; realize same cat woke me up an hour ago

5:16 am; explain to now awake wife that I stepped on the cat, accidentally

5:40ish am; leave for work

6:30ish am; arrive to work

3:00-9:00 pm; leave work

3:15 pm; It's friday, decide I'm gonna go 15 miles outta my way to shave an hour off my trip home

4:30-5:00 pm; Arrive at babysitter, laugh at boy laughing at me

5:00-7:30 pm; Play, eat, poop, play, nap, poop, start getting frustrated cuz the "lunch truck" isnt home yet, cry

7:30ish pm; Lunch truck gets home, feeds boy, appologizes for the ribs

'Rekd teh Parenting; not for the sleepy

I love the stuff about your son, man; my daughter is in EXACTLY the same stage developmentally [except that she sleeps the night, SCORE!] and its really cool to see someone else enjoying it as much as I do.

The "dadadadadada" stuff is great; my wife's pissed that it isn't "mamamamamama"...

Smiling and squealing and flailing her arms and legs all over the place, she really is the greatest biggrin.gif

I hate mornings!!!! No really I hate them, I cant not function. If I get 4 to 9 hours of sleep, it doesnt matter. My eyes are puffy, dry, I walkin to stuff, I hate everyone, (cept the kids there so cute when sleeping). Then I get to work, anywhere from 5:30am to 8:30am, walk in, get coffee, close office door, TRY to get eyes open. Walk thru the shop find the firedrill. Get more coffee, put out fire. This happens all day. I feel sorry for everyone around my shop if I actually go out with the boys the night before. If that happens, I dont stop speaking cromag (aghugmmmmmmaaaaa) till about noon.

For the first time I will rippoff Rekd

Pauly teh "aagghhhhuummmaaa need coffee"

My baby takes the morning train.

She works from nine til five and then,

she takes another home again.....Sheena Easton! smile.gif

The morning, afternoon, evenings, and even nights are filled with trains - let's just say that we've been fortunate for the last ten years. rolleyes.gif

Tony,

Your bantering dictated my avitar to be what it is - I am used to it now as I'm sure most the rest of the forum is; please tell us a little about your selection. smile.gif

Also, I believe it was you that put up the picture of a sexy young Yamaha in your bed - does the wife know anything about this? eek.gif

cheers.gif

Regards, Jack

[ 06-22-2003, 07:50 PM: Message edited by: Jack Mitchell ]

Hey Rekd,

Come to think of it – I distinctly remember Suz, but then she was covered up a little which sort of obscured the view and added to the mystery. I do remember that she was blue with some fine white detailing. smile.gif

Tony, I hope you’re not becoming promiscuous on us. biggrin.gif

cheers.gif

Regards, Jack

5:30 alarm goes off

5:31 pee

5:33 still peeing

5:34 brush teeth

5:37 get dressed

5:40 already on my way to traffic

5:41-5:53 drive 70mph making sure to stay in correct lane so I dont flip over and tie up traffic for several hours

5:54-5:58 try to find the damn job page with the correct bar code for job.

5:59 clock in

6:00 till noon proceed to drink several cups of coffee, And do something productive or at least

look like I am.

quote:

[except that she sleeps the night, SCORE!] and its really cool to see someone else enjoying it as much as I do.

You're lucky. Chantz wakes up 2-3 times a nite still. He slept thru one nite, the night before Father's Day. biggrin.gif (He just wanted to make sure he was rested up before we started our day.)

Are you teaching your daughter to sign? We started a couple months early, ('sposed to start at 7 months), and he's picking it up already. He knows "milk" and "food" so far. (The important things.)

'Rekd teh I love my new job