Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Logitech performance mx mouse issue

MACHINING JIM

I picked up a Logitech performance mx mouse about 2 weeks ago. I thought this mouse would be the cats a$$ but I have noticed some conflicts when using it with Mastercam. The mouse came with its own software so yo can totally customize it and it has a feature that with the click of a button will show any window that is minimized on screen at the same time. So you can choose the one you want with out having to open a bunch of tabs to find the one you want.

Anyway since I installed the software I have been having a problem when opening MC files. Basically what happens is, when you choose a file to open, it opens as per usual... then the sceen goes white for around 5-10 seconds. Then it finally opens and you can proceed. This has been a big frustration when opening larger files because this white sceen will come up before the file is totally loaded and everything seems to jam up and on occasion even crash. I have uninstalled the software for the mouse and everything has returned to normal. Now I am left wondering why the hell I bought a $100 mouse if it dosent work with MC.

Has anyone else excperienced this or is anyone using this mouse. Is there a fix for this problem or am I out of luck one week past the refund date on my reciept?

Thanks

I had an issue like that a few months ago. It has something to do with windows updates and setpoint (the logitech software). I would update windows and setpoint to the latest version. I don't really know what fixed it for me but it has stopped.

I've run Logitech mice and Logitech SetPoint for years with no trouble.

I recently started getting the occasional white screen like you mention, but

it started after I installed Internet Explorer 9.

My Mastercam screen used to white out every time I closed Interent Explorer

but its better now. I'm guessing one of regular MS updates fixed the problem

Still getting no where with this problem. I uninstalled and reinstalled the setpoint software. I updated it as well. I ve tried every setting I can think of in setpoint and Ive updated windows too. All to no avail. Perhaps its something I am going to have to live with. Just to reiterate the problem. When I open any MC file it opens as per usual but after about 10 seconds the screen feezes and is non responsive I cannot do anything, then the screen turns black fo r about 10-30 seconds and then everything go back to normal.

After closer inspection it seems that all the toolbars black out. There is still lines dividing some things like the workspace and toolbar area. Also the blue header is still at the top of the screen and usually says (not responding) if I touch any keys. Dunno what to do. I called logitech but my call was dropped 4 times and it seemed like a waste of time anyway. This is frustrating!

• 1 month later...

Jim, have any luck fixing this problem? My system does the same thing, but instead of white it goes black. I use the K350 keyboard and M510 mouse. Logitech has tried 3 times and can't figure out the problem. I just loaded new video card drivers and that didn't help. My pc's way behind on Windows update (if it ain't broke don't fix it) so I'm slowly installing the updates. Most of the one's I'm behind on are security updates though.

Jim, have any luck fixing this problem? My system does the same thing, but instead of white it goes black. I use the K350 keyboard and M510 mouse. Logitech has tried 3 times and can't figure out the problem. I just loaded new video card drivers and that didn't help. My pc's way behind on Windows update (if it ain't broke don't fix it) so I'm slowly installing the updates. Most of the one's I'm behind on are security updates though.

Nope no luck. I just right click on the tab on my toolbar and exit the set point program when I restart my cpu. Pretty annoying. Waste of money as it is right now. Perhaps things may improve in the future.