Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

I just figured out how to c'sink!!!!!!

Mr. Wizzard

I'm kind retarded and do things the hard way without knowing it for a while.

I just figure out you can use to depth calculator in the drilling page to have it figure out the depth needed for a .510 x 82 c'sink!!

As long as the tool is defined properly, diam, flat, angle, you just type in the desired diameter and BAM, magic!!!!!!

Takes the guess work out, i hope, as long as it comes outa the machine correct. :w00t:

As long as the tool is defined properly, diam, flat, angle,

The flat at the bottom MUST be defined correctly. I usually program a test hole where the c'sink would come out .1 undersized or something. To ensure your getting what you want before its to late. We have a shadowgraph type tool setter. I will tell the operators to set the tool length offset where the angle meets the OD of the tool, this eliminates most of the error.

That is the way that I usually do it. Ive just always been curious what situation called for contour 3d champher.

I've used it for chamfering holes in round surfaces (tubing) and other non-flat surfaces. You can get it to work, but it's confusing when adjusting the depth.

As for the c'sinking, I've used JP's method before, but when tool tip diameters change, so must your calculations. I finally figure out you just punch the tool specifics in the drill calculator in Mastercam and it figures it out for you. Woo Hoo!!!!

The flat at the bottom MUST be defined correctly. I usually program a test hole where the c'sink would come out .1 undersized or something. To ensure your getting what you want before its to late. We have a shadowgraph type tool setter. I will tell the operators to set the tool length offset where the angle meets the OD of the tool, this eliminates most of the error.

+1 that's what I do.....no guess work.