Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Does anyone have the 3d geo for this

Jayson Kramer

Trevor was correct 3D content central had it and it's called the Turners Cube. I downloaded it Jay if you'd like it yet as a SW 2010 version or I can send it to ya as a cam file also. your choice =)

Hey Brad,

Would you mind to send it to me too? Either the SW or MC file, whichever is easier for you.

khorton AT murraymold DOT com

Thanx

Does any one have a model of this they can share with me for the Collage I teach at.

Ha Ha your all cheating if you download it. I turned one manually for training, but I had to work it all out on paper myself first as an exercise. I didn't keep any of my notes tho so I cant help, but I can say before you bother to make it make sure that corner to corner each inner cube is larger that the hole adjacent to it. I've seen them made with bad numbers so that when you do the last side the whole thing falls appart.

Have fun deburing the edges too, that takes way longer than the actual machining!!

Ha Ha your all cheating if you download it. I turned one manually for training, but I had to work it all out on paper myself first as an exercise. I didn't keep any of my notes tho so I cant help, but I can say before you bother to make it make sure that corner to corner each inner cube is larger that the hole adjacent to it. I've seen them made with bad numbers so that when you do the last side the whole thing falls appart.

Have fun deburing the edges too, that takes way longer than the actual machining!!

So you know we a fully cheating by running thru our 3d printer...this is what it is for.

So you know we a fully cheating by running thru our 3d printer...this is what it is for.

I take it all back, thats not cheating... its just cool, the hours and hours I spent deburing with a toy sized file are hours I will never get back!!

but out of curiosity wont you have to make it with little "tabs" holding it together? you can print/layer the cubes but not the air between...

Ok I gotta share this one. A while back someone posted a file of the American Flag, sorry I can't remember who but THANKS a million. I've been playing with that one for a little while lately and before Christmas I did a demonstration in my son's 5th grade class with Solidworks about math, graphing and how all of it ties into the real world. I brought in a box of modeled parts from our shop and rapid prototyping and my son did some laser engraving on the back of the gift we made for the teacher. He engraved all of his classmates names on the back of the block I've attached as a photo. It was made from 6061 aluminum and the upper portion rested in the base but is removable. My son was my mad scientist helper through the whole demo and was handing out the parts and passing them around.

I tell you what folks the look and smile on my sons face was priceless at the end of that demonstration. The pride knowing he helped make and handle the models was something. The kids also were awesome, we flew through 45 minutes with great questions and comments. The pinnacle of the demo was Solidworks worked with me on getting us the files and videos for their pumpkin chucking simulation. We went through that and when we got to the end it shows models like the jaws of life to which you could see the light bulbs turn on as the kids really tied it all together again to a real life item they knew and understood to a point.

Fun fun, after 20+ years of doing this stuff a guys gotta find some creativity out of it all =) ! Sorry for the long story and letting me share.

post-7892-0-83948900-1326889762_thumb.jpg

Ok I gotta share this one. A while back someone posted a file of the American Flag, sorry I can't remember who but THANKS a million. I've been playing with that one for a little while lately and before Christmas I did a demonstration in my son's 5th grade class with Solidworks about math, graphing and how all of it ties into the real world. I brought in a box of modeled parts from our shop and rapid prototyping and my son did some laser engraving on the back of the gift we made for the teacher. He engraved all of his classmates names on the back of the block I've attached as a photo. It was made from 6061 aluminum and the upper portion rested in the base but is removable. My son was my mad scientist helper through the whole demo and was handing out the parts and passing them around.

I tell you what folks the look and smile on my sons face was priceless at the end of that demonstration. The pride knowing he helped make and handle the models was something. The kids also were awesome, we flew through 45 minutes with great questions and comments. The pinnacle of the demo was Solidworks worked with me on getting us the files and videos for their pumpkin chucking simulation. We went through that and when we got to the end it shows models like the jaws of life to which you could see the light bulbs turn on as the kids really tied it all together again to a real life item they knew and understood to a point.

Fun fun, after 20+ years of doing this stuff a guys gotta find some creativity out of it all =) ! Sorry for the long story and letting me share.

Brad thanks for sharing that is a great story. I do what you did for the local collage and they bring all the young kids thru . It's Career day I have one my sons help like yours and he even talks to kids and will run one of my laptops showing Mastercam. So much fun and the kids are great.

Brad thanks for sharing that is a great story. I do what you did for the local collage and they bring all the young kids thru . It's Career day I have one my sons help like yours and he even talks to kids and will run one of my laptops showing Mastercam. So much fun and the kids are great.

Yep, good job Brad

I do that here with the local VOTECH twice a year. I try to make something that will interest kids and also try to keep it an object that they can relate to. The cell phone mold is what I done last time and it really got a lot of attention and questions from boys AND girls! It's amazing the amount of people in this world thinks everyday items just "Show up" lol with no manufacturing whatsoever

BTW, I think the flag is Trevor's :thumbup:

I believe your right Keith I think I recall it being Trevor's also. I've recently stepped into helping the high school to start working on the PLTW course and we are looking for a 3 axis VMC to meet the guidelines for their projects. Finances of course are nil especially with the whole state (Wisconsin) being in the middle of the whole political battle about budgets. Now add in the industry market is hot around here used machine sales as well as new are high in demand so there is little out there for cheap prices.

We are looking at writing grants and searching for funding so if anyone out there has any ideas we'd sure appreciate them.

Thanks for the kudos, it was fun more than anything. My next demo I want to do something more geared on the CAM side showing the machines eating the code like a virtual situation. Something where the kids actually program say their names and watch a simulated machine engrave them.