Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mastercam X6 and Version 9

westerfieldc

V9 was replaced in 2002,despite being an unssupported release, V9 is still in the file open dropdown and 99% of the V9 files

you try will open without issues.

Oh, I'm just going off what I hear. I haven't switched to X6 yet, I'm a little worried with all the things I hear.

V9 was replaced in 2002,despite being an unssupported release, V9 is still in the file open dropdown and 99% of the V9 files

you try will open without issues.

I'm sure it won't be a problem for me... few and far between are the times I need to open a V9 file.... but it does happen from time to time.

:daydreaming:

Just wish stuff like this would be brought to the users attention before having to find out when your in the middle of a big project. Then you think "it must be me". Then you waste countless time trying to figure out what "you" did wrong, because surely it isn't the software. Then you get the answer somehow from someone (maybe after waiting a while for an email response or call back from you reseller which has now put you further behind on this hot job), and you now have to rethink your approach to this hypothetical project.

At least they let us know up front about not being able to backsave with the 64 bit version. <<<< THANK YOU CNC!!! WE NEED MORE COMMUNICATIONS LIKE THAT!!!

• 2 weeks later...
For X6, V9 is no longer supported.

I think that statement should be changed to X6 running in 64 bit.

I was at a customer what had 100's of MC9 files (all between 10 and 100meg with 20 operations each) and they converted over fine using update folder in X6 on a 32bit computer. But with X6 on a 64 bit computer it crapped out after 2 files.