Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Update?

sparnai

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

There is a VERY vocal minority yelling their disdain for X6. It's been fine for me since Beta 3. No sHow stoppers. If you depend on importing CAD data, I believe you would be wise to at least insttall itt.

JM2C

• Like 1

Of all the users on the forum here....

47% are using X6

53% are not using X6.

(Thanks James!)

My advice would be install X6 and make your own decision.

True Dat!!!

I would advise the same, but I will not give that advice by itself.... kinda like sending a kid down a hill on a bike without brakes and not telling him he doesn't have brakes.

Read up, look at the issues others are having and use that information to determine if X6 would be ....... good for you or not.

Thank you to the VOCAL FEW that have been kind enough to take the time & make their experiences public knowledge.

Since there is no public "bug list", the only information available other than the "What's new" PDF that ships with X6 has been provided by a FEW VOCAL members of this forum.thumbsup.gif

Though they may have been frustrated when posting their "experiences" (understandably so since a bug bit them), I appreciate having somewhere to turn for UNBIASED information.

Make a few programs in X5 (or whatever version you are comfortable with), then open the same file in X6, post it & compare the posted code from each version to see if your getting what you expect to get.

FWIW.....

I stopped using X6 to produce code for our machines.

• Like 2
  • 4 months later...

when maintenance was first introduced, there were SP's (service patches) and MU's (maintenance upgrades)

Anyone elgible for a major release was elgible for an SP, MU's required current maintenance.

IMO , X6MU1 should have been an SP... but I'm not calling the shots