Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Autor cursor

I had 3 systems do this on Friday, all in the same company because other guys were trying to see if they could fix the original guys issue.

I am pretty sure there is a single registry key to get it but I've not found it, so.....

Close mastercam

Go into the registry and delete ONLY this key entry

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\CNC Software, Inc.\Mastercam X6

Restart Mastercam, this will create new registry keys, now shut it down and reboot the system so the keys can be actively placed into the registry.

I tried a BUNCH of other things first, config, toolbar file, recreating new config using the standard default it looks like when you pull it off the tool bar something in the registry looses it..

Thanks Colin, here is one for you Ken didnt want to regedit so I put my config and mtb in another folder so it couldnt find it. brought X6 back up it gives you the warning cant find config then it defaults and must write the registry because it came back. then I put my config and mtb back in and it works.

Rick that sounds like a strange fix! It happened to me this morning and I ended up having to load another toolbar state and then reload my custom toolbar config to get it to work. All i did to make the autocursor toolbar disappear was drag it a little to change it from a fixed toolbar to a floating one...weird!?!

Colin I will tell everyone Hi. I wish I was still working with you!!!

Brendan I tried that first but couldnt get it to work.

JParis good to hear from you it has been along time since I have been on here I hope all is going well for you!!

Del good to hear from you to !!!

Now all we need is CNC Apps guy, Tim Johnson, Rickster and so many others I havent talked to forever!!

Colin I will tell everyone Hi. I wish I was still working with you!!!

Brendan I tried that first but couldnt get it to work.

JParis good to hear from you it has been along time since I have been on here I hope all is going well for you!!

Del good to hear from you to !!!

Now all we need is CNC Apps guy, Tim Johnson, Rickster and so many others I havent talked to forever!!

CNC Apps guy and Rickster are still regulars. I'm not sure about Tim, I don't think I've seen him post in a while...

How do you get the dang auto cursor ribbon bar back?

Hi All,

Maybe you've already tried this and it didn't work for you, but as stated in the AutoCursor help topic:

"Note: If you undock AutoCursor when you are not using a function that requires it, AutoCursor will disappear. It will reappear each time you initiate a function that requires interaction. For example, creating geometry using Sketcher functions."

I just made sure it worked this way in X6, and it did. I undocked AutoCursor, it disappeared, I clicked the "Create Rectangle" button (or you can choose pretty much any function from the Create menu like Create>Point), and AutoCursor reappeared.

Hope this helps,

Karen Graf

Senior Technical Writer

CNC Software, Inc.

Karen,

I had 3 customers in the same shop.

Nope, bar was gone, even if you went into a function, it wouldn't show up.

The "only" thing that restored those systems was to delete the registry and restart.

There's something else going on here, I have been able to duplicate this in our office on my Win7 and Mike's XP system

If you want to do a Goto meeting on Monday, I will show you

Karen,

I had 3 customers in the same shop.

Nope, bar was gone, even if you went into a function, it wouldn't show up.

The "only" thing that restored those systems was to delete the registry and restart.

There's something else going on here, I have been able to duplicate this in our office on my Win7 and Mike's XP system

If you want to do a Goto meeting on Monday, I will show you

Hi John,

Thanks for the G2M offer. I certainly believe you. If you're already working with Colin, he's your best bet. I'm not in the Tech Support area here at CNC.

I'll keep an eye on this thread in case there's something I can add to or edit in our documentation regarding this issue.

Have a great weekend!

Karen

Thanks Karen

It's been a frustrating one because I can't for the life of me put a finger on why.

I tried it here at home and it's fine, works exactly as described.

I had my Autocursor bar disappear last week, not sure how I managed it! But it would not come back... when I went into Create Arc or Line, and started typing (Fast Point style), the Fast Point box just appeared in front of my "File" and "Undo" toolbars. Even when I went to Toolbar States and tried loading different states, the A/C bar still didn't come back.

In the end I went to Settings, Customise and hit the Reset button.

EDIT - I lied, I think I had to run Repair from the Control Panel :(

Just happened on two computers here in the classroom I tried everything mentioned in the thread. For us the only way we got it back was by leaving the mastercam window full size, move the general selection bar and some of the tool bars down near the bottom of the graphics window, start a line command then the auto cursor bar showed up in the middle of the screen, then re-dock everything where it belongs. Basically Voo-Doo magic.

• 2 weeks later...

It happened to me again (on purpose, to try and replicate the problem!) This time what I did to get it back was to first start drawing a line (or anything that requires point entry) and then press one of the Hotkey shorcuts - I pressed "M" for Midpoint, twice and the second time the Autocursor box appeared in my drawing area. I was able to re-dock it in it's usual place and it didn't disappear when I left the drawing command.

• 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...