Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Nethasp keeps dropping.

huskermcdoogle

Guys,

I am running nethasp, and it keeps dropping randomly every hour or so when I walk away from the computer. It is setup locally on my pc and I am reading as a network hasp to avoid lag issues in the operations manager, if I unplug my LAN cable it works fine, so I gather it really has nothing to do with my network connection, but possible a driver or service issue.

It happens with X5 and X6 and doesn't do it to both if both are open, it is usually one or the other.

Any ideas?

Husker

On Nhasp dialog box your local PC should have the Hasp/Local checked on. Not the Nethasp/network. If you have the later check your PC is looking for the hasp on the network when your PC is the network. I had my PC be the network and had problems all the time. So we finally bought a cheap desktop computor and sits in the backroom and works great with no issues.

Can't go local, I would go nutty... MC checks the hasp every time you right click in the operations manager, which takes a few seconds which really screws up the rhythm... We are planning on putting in a server in the near future, so it will get moved when that happens, in the mean time I will deal with it dropping the hasp once in a while.

Husker