Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Open file using recent files bug?

neurosis

Has anyone else had this happen to them? This has happened multiple times and I cant figure out what is causing it.

If I am working on a file and then open a file using the recent files menu, the file name will not change to the new opened file but remain as the last file that I was working on. If I do not noticed this and I save the file, it will overwrite the last file that I was working on with the current file. Does that make any sense? ;) its too early.

I run backups so I have always been able to recover the files but this is becoming annoying. It happens more than I would like.

I have not been working on multiple open files since I started noticing this happening. It also only seems to happen when I am working on a file and use the "recent" files to open another file. It does not happen every time so it is not easy to pin down to one thing.

If I am working on a file and then open a file using the recent files menu, the file name will not change to the new opened file but remain as the last file that I was working on. If I do not noticed this and I save the file, it will overwrite the last file that I was working on with the current file. Does that make any sense?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That`s natural and will happen in any program that

has no multyaccess manager

If you had not sAVED THE FILE PRIOR TO OPEN IT NEXT TIME IT WILL OPEN THE FILE ON THE

HARDDISK.

Mastercam do not keep track how many times the file opened locally or on the network .

That`s natural and will happen in any program that

has no multyaccess manager

If you had not sAVED THE FILE PRIOR TO OPEN IT NEXT TIME IT WILL OPEN THE FILE ON THE

HARDDISK.

Mastercam do not keep track how many times the file opened locally or on the network .

I have never had this problem with any other version of Mastercam. It has only started with X6. It is common for me to work on multiple files but once I started using X6 and this started happening I will not open multiple files at the same time.

If you look at the top of the window you can see which file is open. I notice that when I open a new file some times that lags and takes a second to change to the newly opened file. Some times it does not change at all. :(

I am working with a customer and QC on an issue that may be related on this.

Nothing in the way on a resolution yet.

one thing he noted yesterday, is a file that was giving him issues, he restated MCAM and it opened fine.