Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Kyle Forbes .... Take a Hike!!!!

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Oh, man this is good. biggrin.gif

quote:

I think most people would agree its a damn good machine..

This is just not true!! MOST people don't know of them. Of the ones that do that I've talked to personally, they could not live without them. A more accurate statement would be something like "I think everyone that has used one would agree.."

Redneck? Me? LOL!

It's not that someone's got something different and we can't handle it. It's when people get pissy cuz they don't like to be asked for facts by someone that hasn't heard of it. Mayhaps a refresher in Reading and Comprehension is in order for you.

All the guy did was ask for proof. Then the nameless troll slams him because his little feelings got hurt. Now here you come with your foot in your mouth, and no idea what's at the root of this flame.

On that note, Imma go feed my big little man and then play peek-a-boo! biggrin.gif

'Rekd teh "Pile-driver! That's right, Pile-driver"

tazzer:

quote:

your at Pikes Peak Community Right?!? If so drop out and come down to Pueblo Community, our CNC curriculum is unbelievable, plus with all the new Haas machines and new revamped Mastercam curriculum

so this is why we beat you guys each year? biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

just kidding, just kidding!

Yeah ,the last guy I talked to from pcc just had to say "4 brand new hass mini's" and I started drooling uncontrollably wink.gif

So lets resolve this issue once and for all.

My proposal;

My company manufactures forging dies for VR rack and pinion steering. we have a certified +- 0.0005mm Zeiss Carat CMM. We use what we believe are the best machines (Makino) and practices avalible on the market today to make these dies to a measured tolerance of +-0.002mm in 54HRC H13 useing 1mm ballnose cutters (All corner Rads are 0.52).

I issue a challenge to somebody who owns a Roeders or any other Pc based Milling machine, maybe you mister Kyle forbes, To machine a shape (from a model that I can supply) into a piece of the above material and sent it to me, together with the cycle time and all other info and I will have inspected on our CMM. I will then post the results here for all to see.

So is anybody willing to step up to the plate?

biggrin.gif

[ 07-19-2003, 03:48 AM: Message edited by: Budgie ]

Jeessseee not only am I one of the guys, but I'm a redneck too. What am I going to tell my mother?

Guys - it ain't all personnal (sp) Maybe there are other points of view in this world.

Okay - this is home time for me. See ya all monday.

Kathy

cool.gif

(and don't tell them I was born in Tulsa)

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

I would so love to take that challenge, but alas I do not have the options that would make it possible to do so. Dataserver, RISC, NURBS, and Metacut Pro.

While I was an AE I routinely made our machines outperform many other so called "Superior" machine tools. The reason Mori CHOOSES to stay out of the spotlight when it comes to High Speed Machining is because they have nothing to prove. We did not need to hear ourselves speak like the others. The machine tools speak much better than we ever could.

quote:

so this is why we beat you guys each year?

just kidding, just kidding!

Yeah ,the last guy I talked to from pcc just had to say "4 brand new hass mini's" and I started drooling uncontrollably

Hahaha funny you guys were lucky I couldn't make it to state for the precision machining, I place first here at local and from what I heard PPCC doeasn't even know how to use a micrometer. wink.gif Just a little Joke, After all your best Mastercam Teacher left you guys and came here. cheers.gif

Actually were not getting the 4 mini.

We are getting a 1 Mini, 1 Toolroom Mill, VF3, VF1, and a Horizontal, plus 2 SL-20 one with live tooling and C-Axis, and a HL-20.

Anyway you guys better start thinking hard on your Wildest part contest for next year, I have something up my sleeve. biggrin.gif

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Nah,

I think it depends on the spirit of the "singling (sp?) out. All I did was tell him up front tht I was not going to help this guy. No more, no less. I refrained from replying to the "High Horse" thread because I could tell no matter what was said that this person's opinion of Senior Members in general was poor and his opinion coulnd not be changed so I let it go. The one thing I don't understand though is he said he read through Kyle's posings and could not find where I was personally attacked. Perhaps an open minded closer examination of the topic was warranted. I know that on more than one occasion I have "thought" I read all of something to make sure I got the complete context of what was being said and I still missed key points being made. DOH!!!! I hate when that happens.

Personally I like my technical assertions/opinions to be challenged, it's what makes us all better at what we do and what we know.

To be continued... Gotta go.

I've watched the forum a long time before posting anything here. Why? Sooner or later you are going to get misinterpretted or just flatout make someone mad.

James your skin must be thicker than most(So's your head by the way! tongue.gif ). Its a simple equation. The more you post the more you are exposed. There is no need to defend yourself, you have a track track record of helping people.

I hope that Kyle posts another question that noone answers cause I know you'll explode before not helping someone.

Jimmy