Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

HSK Tool Holder Library

I created my own HSK libraries since I'm sure most manufacturers have their own custom sizes and I wouldn't trust an imported library if you are collision checking. Time to get out the caliper and the height gauge and start measuring.

Me too Mike. The data I have from the manufacturer weren't all that accurate on some of the holders. I measured the holders at the time I needed to use them instead of wasting a half day and measuring them all at once. After a couple years, I finally have a damn good and accurate holder database. I still may have to measure one now and then, but I'm just happy we have the ability to visualize these holders against our models.

My HSK database only include shrink holders made by MST and a Mill chuck by Nikken. I don't know how that will help you in any way if you don't have those holders on the shop floor. I will be glad to send you a database if you really want it. Do you have the HSK63A or the HSK100A?

Sweet! But I don't know if there is a way to do that. Someone here may be able to convert that .stp file into an ascii file and import that data, but I have never done it and do not know if it is possible. I believe pro/e can use those .stp files to collision check holders. Send me a PM with your email addy and I'll send over the HSK100A holders if you are still interested.

We have HSK100A! I have found Step files on all the holders we have. Is there a way to save them in the tool holder file?

Not that I am aware of. I mostly use kennametal holders and they supply cad models of all their holders. I open up the stp files one at a time, dimension them and then create the holders step by step. Here's to wishing mcam actually supported cad model holders!