Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Ethernet Communications with DMG-DMU-100T

crazy^millman

Hello Everyone over here Helping TK-32 with some programming on this machine. They had someone come in that set-up the machine and they could not get the Ethernet working correctly. I was wondering if anyone in So. Cal could assist him. He has the book and was wondering if anyone has a machine like this and got it working correctly. I have been mainly working with programming with him and no real time to check this out. If you got some tips and tricks to make this easy it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for any assistance and help you can give to help a circle member out. We will not hold that against him okay all us square dudes. :whistle::whistle::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Hi Ron,

I just had the DMG guy in setting up our new DMG CTX310 Lathe (Siemens 810D Controller).

The lathe was given an IP address on our network based on the Mac address of the controller. I ran an Ethernet cable from the lathe to the hub in my office. Then they loaded and FTP like program onto my computer and set up a shared folder on my computer. It took the guy a while but it works well now.

If the you don't have a network our IT guy said it can be done with 2 separate network cards on the computer.

I can send the FTP like program on Monday? I am not sure but I think it needs a password but I am sure the DMG guy will give me that....maybe!

Steve my friend. :welcome: :welcome:

Hockey, thanks they have had the machine for sometime and TK-32 is doing some nice work it and really taking ownership of this whole thing. Nice to see someone take training and apply it immediately. I showed him how to use solid to Model your fixtures and make professional prints from that he did it. I talked about Levels Management he did that. I talked about using different fixture methods for 5 axis parts he again implemented that. I was just glad he let a sqaure come in and teach a circle something.

Daniel, my friend long time no hear and yes I have your email. I will lewt TK-32 respond to this thread. I went in the the tcpip.config file and made sure all the setting were correct. I could get to the computer using the ip address and username set up. I just did not know the password and could not find it in the machine control parameters. The book said it was MC=311, but when you looked that up on the control there was a different meaning for that parameter. He was going to call the Factor tomorrow and see if they knew where to find it. From there the 45 minute uploads of programs should take seconds. We will keep everyone posted what we come up with. It was also cool I had a Machsim model close so he can use that for checking programs.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1
... had a Machsim model close so he can use that for checking programs.

You mean the Machsim that checks NCI not the gcode that runs on the machine? :whistle:

Good morning guys.

Thanks Ron for helping me out with 5axis and this Ethernet issue. I'm going to call DMG today to find out what's the password and the right parameter.

This is a MillPlus control. We have 30 machines connected to a Network and 4 seats of PredatorDND and only one of those, (main server), is able to communicate to the 5axis machine.

I'll keep you guys posted once I talk to DGM today.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Julio G

DMG Sent a freeware program. I installed it on my 64bit PC and was able to run the program but couldn't connect to the machine.

Installed program on a 32bit machine and only once was able to connect to the machine. Saw the list of programs but wasn't able to to copy from machine to PC. Now it won't connect again. Get same warning as I was getting on 64bit machine.

freeware program is CDS,(CNC Data Station) version 5.00.01. It has a build date of 2000!!!!

Is it Windows 7? If so try running the program in compatibility mode.

See here: http://www.emastercam.com/board/index.php?showtopic=67483&view=findpost&p=772680

Make sure your firewall/ security settings are turned off.

Go to the Command prompt on your computer and type: ping (enter your ipaddress) then hit enter

This should tell you if you computer is seeing your machine on the network.

DMG Sent a freeware program. I installed it on my 64bit PC and was able to run the program but couldn't connect to the machine.

Installed program on a 32bit machine and only once was able to connect to the machine. Saw the list of programs but wasn't able to to copy from machine to PC. Now it won't connect again. Get same warning as I was getting on 64bit machine.

freeware program is CDS,(CNC Data Station) version 5.00.01. It has a build date of 2000!!!!

Well, you need to look at your ethernet type in the tcpip.cfg and your NFS shares... without a NFS share you won't be able to connect it to a network folder... and yes, CDS $ucks... typical German :conservative: stuff... :rolleyes:

Between 2005 and 2009 I implemented 18 DMU70Evo machines with Heidenhain Millplus V5 and we used CIMCO NFS to do that job... and then CIMCO DNC-Max to monitor the network folder the NFS share was assigned to.

AFAIK Millplus is now in V6 and totally written under the HEROS architecture (Heidenhain Real Time Operating System) and Python language. I don't know which version you are using... but if it is V5, you will need NFS. V6 can use Windows SMB protocol I think...

There is a guy in Heidenhain Nederlands, the cradle of Millplus (It was originally a Phillips 432 control - Heidenhain bought their CNC division and named it Millplus) - His name is Rini van der Reijden.

Send an email to [email protected] and ask for some guidance - Rini is a great guy (Not sure if he is still there...) - Heidenhain Nederlands

As a last resort, send me a PM with your original tcpip.cfg file and I can look into that. Make sure the octals defining permissions in this file are matching the settings on the NFS share. These controls were thought with the UNIX world in mind so you better learn some NFS stuff, basic stuff. Permissions in NFS V2 is where I would start...

Hope that helps,

Daniel

Hello fellas, this is getting better by the day!!

Yesterday, (Tuesday) I was able to connect from 32bit PC and successfully sent and received programs. Transferred a file that took 45 minutes on RS232 in just under 3 minutes!! :thumbsup:

Here's the kicker though, today, it won't connect. I did hockeyguy's ping test and it doesn't read it. I did the same ping test from Win7 64 bit machine and it does.

Watcher/Daniel, I will send Mr Reijden and eMail and ask for his help. Thank you.

Julio G

I got it to work!!! :thumbsup:

Here's the skinny:

The machine has a CAD mode to run large programs. I'm going to assume it is when it runs programs off the machine's HardDrive. For some reason this button has to be off in order for DCD, (CNC Data Station) to connect to the Machine.

Sounds simple right? Well, it will only work for us if we manually toggle it to the Off position. for instance, it it's OFF I have to turn it ON then OFF again. It's working Prettyyy good!!!. I guess I can kiss my coffee runs to 7/11 good bye <_<

Thank you guys for all your input. I'm using Hockeyguy's tip to run program from my Win7 PC. Daniel, I going to see what this Linux thing is about haha. And much thanks Ron.

And lastly, thank you TheeCircle!!!!

p.s. here's a mugshot of the culprit

CA05171217191016-L.jpg

• Like 1

I got it to work!!! :thumbsup:

Here's the skinny:

The machine has a CAD mode to run large programs. I'm going to assume it is when it runs programs off the machine's HardDrive. For some reason this button has to be off in order for DCD, (CNC Data Station) to connect to the Machine.

Sounds simple right? Well, it will only work for us if we manually toggle it to the Off position. for instance, it it's OFF I have to turn it ON then OFF again. It's working Prettyyy good!!!. I guess I can kiss my coffee runs to 7/11 good bye <_<

Thank you guys for all your input. I'm using Hockeyguy's tip to run program from my Win7 PC. Daniel, I going to see what this Linux thing is about haha. And much thanks Ron.

And lastly, thank you TheeCircle!!!!

Julio, let me see if I got this right: You are using only CDS right? I think for now that's enough for you right? Because AFAIK you can't get these machines hooked to a network folder in a Windows environment without NFS...

I mean, your DNC for now is your mouse and your hand...

Daniel, anything is better than what he was doing. He was spending 45 minutes to send a program to the machine that is now taking only 3 minutes. 4-5 times a week of this and they were losing some major time. Glad you got it all worked out Julio the student is becoming the teacher. I like it!!!

Daniel, anything is better than what he was doing. He was spending 45 minutes to send a program to the machine that is now taking only 3 minutes. 4-5 times a week of this and they were losing some major time. Glad you got it all worked out Julio the student is becoming the teacher. I like it!!!

Absolutely Ron!

I was just trying to check if the feedback I passed was wrong... I probably got the goal wrong...