Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

VERICUT Interface?

Darin

Hello,

I have Vericut 7.1.6 that I am trying to interface with M6... I get this error (See pic).. Does anyone know the fix for this? Or should I call my dealer?

Here is the direction I used...

http://cgtech.com/usa/Content-Downloads/installing_cgtech_products.pdf

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310519

did you put the required files in your Chook folder and .... is the path set in System Config/Files /Custom-Addin(DLL) correct?

you also need to edit your Environment vairables and reboot.

I thought I did all of that right... I put the mcRes.local file in the C:\Program Files\mcamx6.... That was the one I wasn't for sure on... I rebooted and double checked the environment stuff...

I think this is a bug with the 7.1.6 .dll files.

I had a similar error when I upgraded and could not get the mastercam interface to run. I ended up replacing the files with the .dll files that were installed with the previous version 7.1.5, this worked, I told my reseller but have not heard anything as yet.

I thought I did all of that right... I put the mcRes.local file in the C:\Program Files\mcamx6.... That was the one I wasn't for sure on... I rebooted and double checked the environment stuff...

Noticed that your environment varaible is reading 7.1.4 - should be 7.1.6

Noticed that your environment varaible is reading 7.1.4 - should be 7.1.6

Ya I forgot I haven't installed 7.1.6 yet... I will have to call the dealer and ask why I get this error.... I have never used the Mastercam interface with Vericut I have only been bringing in NC code and STL file and setting it up manually? What exactly does the interface bring in from Mastercam? Does it bring in any solids that are on the screen for fixtures and use the stock definition for the stock? Or does it just bring in tools and work offsets?

Thanks

The interface will bring the stock model, the part model and the fixture model (STL files) in vericut and orient them properly. It will bring your tools from mastercam to Vericut. It will create a fixture offset placed properly. It will bring all nc files to the vericut project. The only thing is that you have to create your STL files prior to entering the the interface. Ask CgTech, they created a video to show how to use the interface properly.

HTH

The interface will bring the stock model, the part model and the fixture model (STL files) in vericut and orient them properly. It will bring your tools from mastercam to Vericut. It will create a fixture offset placed properly. It will bring all nc files to the vericut project. The only thing is that you have to create your STL files prior to entering the the interface. Ask CgTech, they created a video to show how to use the interface properly.

HTH

Great thanks... That all sounds nice... Much easier then putting everything in manually... Now if I can get past this error all will be good...

You should be able to find them here

"C:\Program Files\cgtech\7.1.6\windows64\mcamv\X6"

on any computer that hace Vericut installed

if its an x32 machine you would find them here

"C:\Program Files (x32) \cgtech\7.1.6\windows64\mcamv\X6"

Had same problem, but my environment variables were not showing up to edit them. We had to have a batch file launch MasterCam so the variables were loaded. This is on a Windows 7 system running MasterCamX6 and Vericut 7.1.6. This is how we fixed it:

There is a batch file in the commands folder located in the parent folder of where the .dlls and .ft is located.

Batch file:

@echo off

setlocal

rem Following line references installation folder for VERICUT

set CGTECH_INSTALL=C:\Program Files\cgtech\7.1.6

rem CGTech environment

set CGTECH_PRODUCTS=%CGTECH_INSTALL%\windows64

rem where the license is located at cgtenv will already have server path but you should double check

call "%CGTECH_PRODUCTS%\commands\cgtenv"

if "%OS%" == "Windows_NT" set start_cmd=start ""

if "%OS%" == "" set start_cmd=start

rem Following line triggers the MILLX6 executable.

"C:\Program Files\mcamx6\Mastercam.exe"

endlocal

Just create on the desktop and it can be launched whenever vericut is needed.

• 3 weeks later...