Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mastercam keeps creating folder

Thoob

Hi Guys, I have an empty folder that keeps getting created when Mastercam starts up. I don't want this folder. I think its the default save folder in Mcam hence why it keeps creating it everytime I delete it. When I start a new file, then go to save it, it defaults to THAT folder. I would like to change that location but I don't know where it is. Any ideas?

With near certainty, somewhere in your config, it is pointed to that folder, thus it creates it every time.

Going to have to do 1 of 2 things, go through your config item by item or delete the config you moved in from a previous version and met the system make a new one

I have the specific folder on the network. It is clearly as you say JParis, in the config file. Its been there forever, it just started bugging me lately as the folder has nothing in it.

@Scott, that does not pertain to me. That file/folder is not the same as the folder its creating.

Just had a look on the work PC's.

Sat at C: is a X2 folder. It deletes no problem.

Open up X5 and all is ok.

Close and open X4Mu1 and the X2 folder is automatically created.

I had a quick look to see if there are any links from X4 to X2, and couldn't see any but I assume there must be.

It doesn't really matter for me anymore as I don't use X4.

Thoob,

What folder is being created if it is a system folder that might be recognizable we might be able to suggest where to check?

Its just a job folder. Not a system one. Its called 1107-28311. That is just the way we categorize our jobs. That was created awhile back originally as there were a bunch of models we got from the job. We had created a folder to dump them all into. Now the job is done and the models are all saved in the proper folder, we don't need this one anymore but it keeps re creating.