Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

ATI FIRE PRO V7900 Graphics card.

I don't know much about the Quadro FX cards,but the card you listed is about the same price as the Quadro 4000, and I'd be willing to bet that the 4000 will be way better.

AMD has a history of competing with Intel and Nvidia by selling their product cheaper.....but they never could give us a better product, their stuff is good, but just not top notch for the price.

and here is the most important entry

ATI Card Update: I give up. There were some weird problems with the ATI when I did Verify. All these big crazy triangles would flash across the screen. Bought myself a nice Workstation FX5800 and all is good now.

The down side: The NVidia is just a little louder. Not much, but a little. It's a LOT hotter. I can tell that my office gets a lot warmer now.

So there's the update. NVidia wins again.

Mike

http://www.emastercam.com/board/index.php?showtopic=59209&view=findpost&p=726072

Can't say we didn't warn you ;)

I have the FirePro M8900 Mobility on my M6600 Precision and it has been great not one issue so far with big surface models and Verify.

I thought about after I got going back and getting the Quadro for it but it has worked with know issues with every thing I throw at it.

So not changing it out yet.

• 9 months later...

I have to change my statement I did start running into weird graphics issue on this card on my Laptop so I bought a new laptop with the Quadro k4000m this is a great card.

I still have the m6600 as it is fully usable but can start to bug at times especially on large files. Might buy a quadro card for it as you can upgrade these on the Dell Precisions.