Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Adding to operations and it problems.

crazy^millman

Has anyone seen mastercam not allow you to add to the operations after you have closed a part. I have seen this about 50 times now and usaully just cut and paste my programs but I have had enough. I post out a program with an addition to it and it will post the original program. Then it will open up another window and post the rest. I have found happens alot if I move opertaions around. If anyone can give me a better idea than the old song and dance I would apperciate it. Just wondering is all. I am also putting this on the ftp File Is (Brass Hex)

[ 07-31-2003, 02:39 PM: Message edited by: Millman^crazy ]

hello Millman ^crazy.

open your OPs manager and look at the toolpaths. I can Promise you that your toolpaths DONT SHARE the same "NCI path".This is required or toolpaths to post to the same program.

You are getting different paths when you cut and paste. Dont fret 'tho, you've come to the right place!

to set the nci path, do this:

Open OPs manager

left click the Groups that you want to post

(this selects all the paths in that group)

right click the group name

mouse over "Options"

left click "Change NCI destination"

type in a "name of your NCI.

click OK.

post.

rinse/repeat.

There is a setting in the .cfg to force nci name to active group name. this is what i use.

hth

-KLG

:edit:

Damn you guys are quick today..

:/edit:

Wow. That would be annoying. Better you than me.. biggrin.gif (sorry, had to say that)

Did you check the NCI paths? Have you installed all the current patches for Mastercam? What version are you using? What OS are you using? Is it on a network? If so do you have sufficient privilages? Did you have coffee this morning? If so, was it black or with cream/sugar? Are the files getting write protected some how? Are you using NCI locks? Do you submit an offering of random G-Code to the CNC Gods every Monday? What does this blotch of ink look like to you? Does your brother know you're wearing his socks?

'Rekd

[ 07-31-2003, 01:07 PM: Message edited by: Rekd ]

I downloaded your file and it posted just fine here.

P.S. Why doesn't anybody zip their files any more? I have a high speed connection but can only download as fast as the other end of the conncection. Brass hex zipped up to 133kb instead of 990kb. Just my rambling.

quote:

My local reseller just tells me when I have a problem to reload mastercam and repair it sorry but tired of doing that for the 50th time

I got to thinking about this, and decided to check it out some more.. You're in Carlsbad, I know your reseller personally. Have for several years. I seriously doubt he told you that...

I might suggest you re-think your comments, 'cuz if it were me I would tend to be offended that you said that about me.. and it could reflect any service, (or lack there of) that you would recieve in the future.

Could be that you've already treated him this way, which would explain the fact that you're on your own when you have a problem.

'Rekd

quote:

Do you submit an offering of random G-Code to the CNC Gods every Monday? What does this blotch of ink look like to you? Does your brother know you're wearing his socks?

Rekd,

just when I'm ready to go crazy in my cubicle zerconia. I know I can rely on you for a good laugh biggrin.gif

keep up the random uslessness smile.gif

Hi Millman^crazy

quote:

Has anyone seen mastercam not allow you to add to the operations after you have closed a part.

If your mastercam runs better than anyone elses Mastercam, It will be because of something somewhere that you and only you are doing.

If your Mastercam has a problem that noone else has, It will be because of something somewhere that you and only you are doing.

If your Mastercam has a problem that the other 5000 board members are familiar with, why wouldn't you just try what one of them has said?

BTW I will be leaving for the annual BMX Worlds in Reno tonight, I hope I make the main in the 46-50 crusier class, and get a big gold cup.

[ 07-31-2003, 03:58 PM: Message edited by: Scott Bond ]

sorry it is the 50 th time i have had this certain problem and i did not mean anything personal about my dealer if it came across that way very averagted by this particalar problem and apolgize for that. And I can see the difference in the paths with the 9 to 9.1 sorry i didnt catch that. I am sorry to came across ripping the dealer he has been very helpful with other problems in the past and i am person enough to admit my mistake. But did not realize since i had blocked all perosnal data i was making my certian location avaible to everyone like you just did.

[ 07-31-2003, 02:49 PM: Message edited by: Millman^crazy ]

I am gald to be ripped and responed to as for I put it out there. I am sorry my spelling sucks a little dislexie dont think i spelled that right either oh well. I appercaite the responses to the question and yes it did fix the problem.

I wise man once said those who make no mistakes are to be god like and all that do are human. As to be human is to make mistakes it takes a humble human to admit his mistakes and learn from them. It is with the mistakes like anything that we all grow as persons.

To answer Scott 1:No it doesn't

2:Yes I was doing something wrong

3:I did just missed a (1)

quote:

But did not realize since i had blocked all perosnal data i was making my certian location avaible to everyone like you just did.

You didn't block all your personal data. You left a web site with directions to your shop. Unless you have something to hide, there's not much reason to keep people from knowing at least where you are.

'Rekd

I have this problem also. The nci path is the same but it wants to post twice with the same name. When the second section posts it asks if I want to overwrite the first section.I have to edit common parameters to a dummy nci,and then change back to the correct nci. What a pain. Dan

millman^crazy,

Good morning, breath a little. OK? I was JOKING about the spelling mistake. I dont care about that crap. I am a bad typer. and sometimes, well often, taken the wrong way with some of my humor.

but this isnt about me. It is about getting your OPS problem fixed.

It is interesting to see how many answeres to your question were correct. that is the beauty of this forum. That and the way it can toughen up even the most over/underconfident, cocky, shy non-english typing, n00b, |-|/-x[]r, non cnc'r and the grizzeld old veteran alike wink.gif

welcome to the forum!

you have now earned 2 points!

hth

-Keith