Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

HELP WITH MULTI AXIS TOOLPATH

JACK2ME

My company is looking at purchasing a Mazak Integrex next year. Can someone tell me if I would need the mutli-axis option for Mastercam if I was only drilling some angled holes on the face of a part? We already have a mill/turn lathe and are familiar with live tooling but have never drilled on an angle before. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

I'm pretty sure you can drill angled holes by using toolplanes and standard drill toolpaths without

the multiaxis add-on .. if your post supports it.

If you want to take full advantage of that machine , you'll want the multiaxis add-on though

I'm pretty sure you can drill angled holes by using toolplanes and standard drill toolpaths without

the multiaxis add-on .. if your post supports it.

If you want to take full advantage of that machine , you'll want the multiaxis add-on though

Would I need to add an axis of some kind to my mach def file for my mill/turn to support drilling on a angle? I've been playing around trying to drill on an angle and when I backplot, the tool is oriented in reverse. Something is wrong with my toolplane I'm guessing. I created a new plane using planes by normal. We may still get the multia axis option I'm just trying to figure it out a little beforehand. Thanks for the help.

"I created a new plane using planes by normal"

Pick the lower end of the line so the Z+ arrow is pointing towards the spindle ...

That is defining the Z+ direction...

Once you get the backplot right try your post .. then try one of the default mill/turn machines

like this one

C:\Users\Public\Documents\shared mcamx5\CNC_MACHINES\LATHE MULTI AXIS MILL - TURN ADVANCED 2 - 2.LMD-5

and see if the code looks right

"I created a new plane using planes by normal"

Pick the lower end of the line so the Z+ arrow is pointing towards the spindle ...

That is defining the Z+ direction...

Once you get the backplot right try your post .. then try one of the default mill/turn machines

like this one

C:\Users\Public\Documents\shared mcamx5\CNC_MACHINES\LATHE MULTI AXIS MILL - TURN ADVANCED 2 - 2.LMD-5

and see if the code looks right

Not picking the bottom of the line was my problem thanks. I did try one of the default mill/turn machines and can't say if their is missing something but I think I'm on the right track now. Thanks again.