Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Drilling titanium

Joels

Mitsubishi solid carbide drill coolant thru NO peck

#MWS0770X8DB (7.7 MM DIA x 3.4 loc X 5.6 OAL

100SFM & .002 IPR

I use them a lot in titanium

the one make an imprese is 0.125 dia drill coolant thru NO peck drilling 5.00 depth

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Titex and Mitsubishi are my personal favorites. Though I've never been one to turn away Sumitomo either. Guhring is ok. Their catalogs are effed up. I need something WAY simpler to read.

I suggested carbide but it falls on deaf ears. I cant buy the tooling so i am stuck, We are using a cobalt drill 19/64 and it walked off center last night, scrapped a few parts. The whole drill mounting system we have needs to be redone as i cant say anything is straight!

Thank you all for your help.

Joel

I suggested we use a carbide drill when we started this project but we used a cobalt drill, just a standard one, and we waisted a week and several feet of material until they bought the right drill. once we had the right drill it worked perfect from the first part and it still works now. i think the boos was under a lot of pressure and decided to get the right drill???

I suggested we use a carbide drill when we started this project but we used a cobalt drill, just a standard one, and we waisted a week and several feet of material until they bought the right drill. once we had the right drill it worked perfect from the first part and it still works now. i think the boos was under a lot of pressure and decided to get the right drill???

Hahaha - good boss this....loose a weeks production and $k or so of material, then pony up a few dollars for the correct drill!!!

A mate works for a company that runs bonus and the management never want to spend anything on tooling because it comes out of the 'pot' at the end of the month. Sometimes the MAM gets turned off while it's waiting for a cutter (yes that is a cutter not 2 cutters because that would mean a spare and wasted money = less bonus for them).

It amazes me how some management look at how much the tools cost,and dont realize that by not spending the money for it alot of time is going to spend, alot of headaches and alot of bad parts,and at the end of the day they end up buying the right tool.

Dont get me wrong its ok to try to get by with what you have ,but when you need something special dam it get it.

• Like 1