Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Helix Bore Verify

Brian B 74

The bottom line is that something has changed with one of the earlier "X" versions. In MC9 and earlier it was cruising right along. Now anytime there is a ramp move (not only helix) it comes to a crawl in comparison to what it was before.

No setting change will help much. I suspect there was a change in the way mc is doing background calculations while verifying...

Hey Brian,

Try setting your Arc Filter Tolerance values to 2:1 and loosen up your total tolerance value. Upon regenerating the toolpath you will notice it is smaller. That should help speed up the verification process.

Are we still talking about a helix bore tool path? I don't have arc filter settings in my helix bore tool path settings. I only have output arcs.

Still don't see the mcx file. BUT - to recreate my toolpath draw a 1" circle. Using a 1/2 bull nose (R.125) do a .010" step down with starting at center to a depth of 1.38".

I am machining hardened 420ss at 55hrc using an OSG feedmill for roughing some leader pin holes. See what kind of results you get.

Tried your suggestion Tony - no change.

John - I am set to output helixes. Still crawls along.

Have had this problem for some time. Was hoping that it was something easy to fix.

This is a problem I've always had. I did some work at a shop where they had a fairly lame computer, but with a high end Quadro video card

(don't know which model, wish I did) and the helix bore verify zoomed.

IMO it's all in the video card