Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

DNC stops after 30,000 lines

gmenzies

Hello

we DNC with Cimco edit 6.2 to a fadal CNC 88HS format 2

Port 1

stop 1

Baud 38400

parity even

Data 7

flow control-Hardware and software

we turned the fifo settings in windows 7 off

cable is from RS- 232 Predator (sheilded) aprox 15' long

I turnd off all local power settings( computer sleep)

turned off screen saver

direct from PC with battery back up.

After about 25,000 to 30,000 lines of code. there is some transmition error and machine stops

anybody have any suggestions or ideas of how to solve this mystery.

thanks Gord

Can you tie this in to any amount of time? (like 45 minutes, one hour....) and see if it matches the sleep settings on the win 7 computer?

An INSTANT fix though it cost 500 bucks would be to buy a LANCNC-FAD from Calmotion. Replaces the computer, mounts in the machine, drip feeds from a SD card. Drop programs in it from the posting computer via FTP in a browser if you want though I prefer using an actual FTP client. Serious stuff there.

• 2 weeks later...

Gord,

Cable length should not be an issue. When you state :cable is from RS- 232 Predator (sheilded) aprox 15' long

Is this one of those RJ45 plug into a DB25 modular adapters?

Drip-feeding fadals are typically not an issue but they are particular about the ground. If it is one of those plug in cables and the ground pin is rattling because of vibration or not making a solid connection because of oxidation between the pin and the plug... just a thought.

John

Gord,

Cable length should not be an issue. When you state :cable is from RS- 232 Predator (sheilded) aprox 15' long

Is this one of those RJ45 plug into a DB25 modular adapters?

Drip-feeding fadals are typically not an issue but they are particular about the ground. If it is one of those plug in cables and the ground pin is rattling because of vibration or not making a solid connection because of oxidation between the pin and the plug... just a thought.

John

I think this was the problem. I had the local Mastercam tech come in to trouble shoot. everything was set up correctly. He built me a new cable. No more adapters. so far so good.

thanks for all the suggestions

Gord

local MC built a cable????

wow nice service. never heard of MC helping with hardware.

live and learn

I have been using mastercam from version 6 on. the tech support has been always first class from In-house solutions. there have been many different voices over the phone.

but they always make every effort to fix or find a solution. I am not sure all tech guys have the knowledge to make a cable. But I am glad our local guy does. He makes good coffee also :unworthy:

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I think this was the problem. I had the local Mastercam tech come in to trouble shoot. everything was set up correctly. He built me a new cable. No more adapters. so far so good.

thanks for all the suggestions

Gord

Glad to hear you are working now. Usually they stick us old timers in the corner and take us out to make suggestions from time to time. Sometimes we even guess right! Not many of the CAM guys still deal with DNC but it was good that In-House does. Take care-