Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Verify problem

bogusmill

I am machining an airfoil like part on 5 axis machine. I have a parrallel tool path for both sides leaving .005 on drive surfaces. Then in verify I have tool and cut tolerance set to .001 and choose the solid I'm cutting as my stock so with .005 per side left the part should not be touched in verify. So why is over half of my part showing that it's being cut?

Verify works fine if I'm using WCS and I use a lot of WCS and I never use turbo. The #1 thing that will bite you in the a$$ is making sure if you setup stock through the stock setup tab that is set to TOP. If it's not that I would have to see the file to know whats wrong.

You may have to re-select the solid model in verify as well.

post-428-0-26280700-1351708573_thumb.jpg

• 2 months later...

Has anyone come up with a solution to the verify problem? I am having similar problems when running swarf 5 axis toolpaths in MCX-6 MU3. They verify correctly when I set the compensation type to computer but when I try setting it to wear, the tools either do not touch the part or cut into the part depending on if i'm cutting profiles or inside corners. I have tried adjusting the diameter for simulation and any other settings the seem to have something to do with the wear compensation but have not had any luck. If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know.