Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

3D Connexion mice

stuflo

I got a new 3d mouse the Space mouse pro and I certainly see what you guys are talking about in regards to the keys built in, way better then the basic Space Navigator.

So my question to users is what do you have set for your programmable buttons.

1 is the NumPad

2 is the Level Manger

3 Hide Entites

4 Operations Manager Tog

I was thinking of switching the last two up #3 maybe the View Manager and 4 Named views.

How would I go about changing them, there is a drop down menu but I don't see the View Manager or the Named views listed.

One thing I found out this last week especially if you're doing on-site work, the space mouse does not like cold temps. It was in the truck overnight in my travel bin, temp hit 2deg and had only climbed to 7deg by morning. Tried using the space mouse and it froze McamX7 too. It was like the dynamic rotation was stuck on, only slower than molasses on a Minnesota Jan during a Saskatchewan screamer. Had to finally unplug it and let it sit in the office overnight to warm up. Worked with no issues the next day.

Greg J,

You will need to Map the view manager in Mastercam first.

then go into the menu for the Space mouse pro and add the same function keys in the Menu using the custom functions but make sure Mastercam is running at the time.

review my picture I just did it my self on my Pro My Space Mouse Pro is onsite at my customers so I could not show it in that exact model till wed.

post-1097-0-66935600-1389652362_thumb.jpg

One thing I found out this last week especially if you're doing on-site work, the space mouse does not like cold temps. It was in the truck overnight in my travel bin, temp hit 2deg and had only climbed to 7deg by morning. Tried using the space mouse and it froze McamX7 too. It was like the dynamic rotation was stuck on, only slower than molasses on a Minnesota Jan during a Saskatchewan screamer. Had to finally unplug it and let it sit in the office overnight to warm up. Worked with no issues the next day.

CJep, Just had to say...Ouch!

Feel a little bad for you guys back there with those cold temps.

The temp out here in SoCal hit a bone chilling 52deg. last night.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

I like them so much that I purchased a SpacePilot pro personally. I have SpacePilot's for everyone in my department as well. I consider them an essential tool because they are a huge time saver when used properly. The only downside is when I am on a computer that doesn't have one and I have to remember how to do things the normal way lol. Or when I get into a software package like 3DTransvidia that doesn't support 3DConnexion.

I think the key to using the mouse is to have the buttons programmed to do the things you always do.

For example I am always in the named view selection, typically I right click and find it in my menu, now it's just #2 on my Space mouse.

The more I use the shortcuts on the Space mouse the more I use it, and progressively I am now using the other buttons on it all the time.

It is so instinctive to just use the mouse it's been a challenge to force my self to remember to use it.

I do like it and it's a very useful tool.

I think the key to using the mouse is to have the buttons programmed to do the things you always do.

Exactly! I have all views assigned to the right set of keys and I'm even to the point of using the alternate keys as well so I have Top, Iso, Front, Left, Back, etc... Then on my left I have shade on/off, motion control center, level manager, view manager, zoom window, and toggle toolpaths. People come in to ask me to do something and it's like I'm playing the piano. I found out that some of the guys were making up excuses to come in my office to see the windows flying open all over and stuff zooming around. I told them to get back to work :laughing:

• Like 1