Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Vericut and cutter comp

Bob W.

Is it possible to set up Vericut to generate an error message if wear comp is activated on an arc move or if it is activated with no lead-in? About once a week I get the cutter comp alarm at the machine when I leave the comp set to 'wear' with lead-in lead-out turned off. It would be great to catch these at the computer.

Thanks,

Bob

Bob, I'm not sure if Vericut could be set up to do this or not. Have you tried asking CGTech? Their tech support team is pretty responsive.

I need to ask them if it is possible to check for coolant on, if a tool requires it. I'm sure it can be done.

I'm also curious about the answer, so here it goes:

http://www.cgtech.co....php?f=2&t=1862

If you don't have an account in their forum, I hope to have saved you the time to create one, and also helped to bring awareness to your interesting question...

CGTech user forum is by far less colaborative and responsive than this one but who knows...

Best,

Daniel

I think you should be able to set up and define a flag variable under G41, have G1 turn this flag off, and have G2/G3 test the flag and alarm if it is on, but carry on with the program if the flag variable is off in the gcode processing settings.

If you have support, contacting cgtech is the way to go. They are great guys.

Edit:

Also depending on how your code is put out you could put a condition in G41/G42 AND G2/G3 on the same block for it to alarm. That would be easier.

CGTech user forum is by far less colaborative and responsive than this one but who knows...

You're not wrong. When I joined that forum, I wondered why it was so slow. CGTech tout it as a good support resource, but it certainly isn't as active as here. Maybe we as Vericut users should try and get it more active? :)

It would certainly be a great asset if it was as responsive as here :)

You're not wrong. When I joined that forum, I wondered why it was so slow. CGTech tout it as a good support resource, but it certainly isn't as active as here. Maybe we as Vericut users should try and get it more active? :)

It would certainly be a great asset if it was as responsive as here :)

Honestly, I don't think any other CAM forum is as active and helpful as eMastercam. Many people here care... not the same out there...

Maybe GTAC NX forum is also very active... but I couldn't say as much as this one... here is more about fraternity... other forums are more "I post when I run out of maintenance and need help..." :D

Not sure if I was fair on my last statemement but it's how I feel.. We just moved to TopSolid and their forum is very slooooowwwww and overlooked...

http://forum.topsoli...topic.php?t=732

eMastercam is definetely a great asset for all Mastercamers and people in MFG... It's one of those unknown secrets in the industry... although there's a big amount of users, it's just a small fraction of the CAM users out there...

I owe a great amount of the knowledge I accumulated in the past 12 years to this forum and people I met here.

• Like 1

/Hijak...

Guy's, just to be clear, will the post throw an alarm if using control comp, and the lead in/out is less than half of the cutter dia?

Thanks

the mpmaster will output an alarm if cutter comp is turned on in an arc move.

it does not test for a lead in move less than half the cutter diameter.

This is only an issue if you're using control comp and is something to be avoided at all costs IMO.

Honestly, I don't think any other CAM forum is as active and helpful as eMastercam. Many people here care... not the same out there...

Maybe GTAC NX forum is also very active... but I couldn't say as much as this one... here is more about fraternity... other forums are more "I post when I run out of maintenance and need help..." :D

I have to agree!

It’s a rarity that I even launch mastercam these days, but still frequent emastercam for tons of great info. The nx forum is quiet, but you usually get an answer in about an hour or so. Vericut usually takes a day or so to get a reply. I do feel there tech support is much better than anything I have seen in the past.

I attended training on site for Vericut 7.2 at their Irvine site. The training was top notch, and the tech support I have experienced out of Irvine is top notch too.

I've just asked the question about the cutter comp warning in Vericut to the person I normally deal with there, so hopefully they will have an answer soon :)