Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

wedm

charlie

If I was buying one I would look for these things in no particular order.

1 Wire threader reliability

2 How often wear parts have to be replaced and the cost

3 Accuracy needed for your specific applications

4 XYZ Travel

5 Service history from seller

6 Mastercam compatible

7 Friendly Controller

We work with very small parts. Tolerances are tight. Within tenths. Prototype to small quanities of the same part. Repeatability would be eccentical. :smoke:

All of those mentioned will be within .00015/side easily. If you plane on using different dias. of wire then the Charmilles or Agies will be better since their guides accept several diffent wire sizes . The Fanuc requires Separate guides per wire Dia.

Ran MIts FA20 for about 6 yrs. Accuracy was unwavering. Power settings and powermaster easy to master. Auto threader worked great, but had to keep it spotless. Same with wire chopper. My only real complaint is the floats for the tank level were high maintenance. Mastercam 9 thru X4 worked well for flat work as well as 4axis. We did mostly flat die plates, punch holders, and extrusion dies with alot of 4axis forms .

Did need separate diamond guides for different size wires. Flush cups, wire guides, carbide power feeders, etc. were always in stock and received great service and support from them.

i would buy one :thumbup: In fact, with any luck we will get one where I'm at now .

FWIW I have had nothing but issues with Mits service and support of the SX10 we purchased used. Service in your area may consist of more competent individuals, but I had issues dealing with the head office as well. I'm shopping for a new machine to replace the one on my floor, Mit's is not on my list at all.

FWIW I have had nothing but issues with Mits service and support of the SX10 we purchased used. Service in your area may consist of more competent individuals, but I had issues dealing with the head office as well. I'm shopping for a new machine to replace the one on my floor, Mit's is not on my list at all.

My service for the Fanucs and the training was top notch professional.

Where r u located KoKo ?

I am very surprised to hear that. I've had nothing but top notch experience with Mits. service and support.

Where r u located KoKo ?

Northeast. Service was through Millenium. As I said it was a used (very clean) machine, and the issues that needed service were of the standard everyday maintenance issues. Not chasing electrical gremlins or anything like that. Both techs that have serviced the machine could not operate it at all, one even had to ask me to jog the machine.

8 Fanuc's here. 4 frailry new. We use MasterCam mill to generate 2D toolpath and use the machines AI for spark settings. We also have the Wire Seat for 4 axis stuff.

Curious as to why you dont use the wire seat to do the 2d stuff.

Northeast. Service was through Millenium. As I said it was a used (very clean) machine, and the issues that needed service were of the standard everyday maintenance issues. Not chasing electrical gremlins or anything like that. Both techs that have serviced the machine could not operate it at all, one even had to ask me to jog the machine.

Detroit area here. Not hard to beleive there is such a vast difference in service and knowledge. It is hard to beleive they let it happen tho......I would complain to someone up the chain from service location.

I just came back from another tool shop where they have 2 Agies. Operator told me they were very accurate machines but he spent a lot of time working on them and replacing parts. The wire threader on the Fanucs are superior in my opinion and maintenance is low.