Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

wedm

charlie

You could try looking up a company called Accutex, they are a taiwanese machine that is very well built and will compete with any of the high end machines for roughly half the price.

They have one of the best auto threading systems - I believe it may be a refined copy of a Fanuc system as I heard that the company was started by some ex fanuc employees.

Like the service manager for Millenium? I did, nothing.

Nah......that's who you need to call about. Go to a regional manager or higher. Chances are that if the service guys know nothing it's because of the manager.......Call regional and suggest to them that these guys, including the manager, need to take/retake the training program that Mitsibishi has......in the meantime you need someone from another facility to address your issues. Sqeakiest wheel......

You could try looking up a company called Accutex, they are a taiwanese machine that is very well built and will compete with any of the high end machines for roughly half the price.

They have one of the best auto threading systems - I believe it may be a refined copy of a Fanuc system as I heard that the company was started by some ex fanuc employees.

i had an ex sales rep tell me to stay away from them. i don't think he was dis-gruntled, he's with a different company not selling machine tools now. jm2c

Nah......that's who you need to call about. Go to a regional manager or higher. Chances are that if the service guys know nothing it's because of the manager.......Call regional and suggest to them that these guys, including the manager, need to take/retake the training program that Mitsibishi has......in the meantime you need someone from another facility to address your issues. Sqeakiest wheel......

With all due respect, I am pretty sure that I'm getting the best end of the deal not buying from these clowns again. Service isn't the only ball they dropped. Options are either go with Millenium or fly someone from Japan, which I confirmed with several independents. When you run the only game in town you get to treat customers like garbage.

• 4 weeks later...

I have been running wires for over 20 years. The one thing I would say to some one thinking about a new wire is what do you want to do wire it. every machine has it advantages and disadvantages. I have run Mits and Charmilles. Hate the Charmilles and there serves. Love the Mits and there services. You are not going to beat the Mits for accuracy. Some time ago I was running a 14 year old Mits. and holding +/-0.00005 on hole size for a repeat job. I would stay away from cheap brands. Wire machine are not mills it is completely different thinking. One important thing about wires is the technology they have for cutting. You want a machine that has technology for cutting all kinds and heights of material. uses a steel technology for carbide or aluminum will not work to good. Keep that in mind when you are looking for a wire

Agie fan here. Great with 5 Axis cuts and the new Vertex Series machines have the most powerful generators I've ever worked with. Put Cobra Cut A wire on it and it cooks faster than anything out there.

Only complaint is using MC to program them. Agies are very different with the methods and screens in their software. MC had a lot of post development to get the information right and (IMO) it still isn't great. We bought a seat of PEPS just to program the Agie Machines and haven't looked back.

In short, if you want to use MC to gram the difficult stuff Fanuc or Mits would be the way to go.

Agie fan here. Great with 5 Axis cuts and the new Vertex Series machines have the most powerful generators I've ever worked with. Put Cobra Cut A wire on it and it cooks faster than anything out there.

Only complaint is using MC to program them. Agies are very different with the methods and screens in their software. MC had a lot of post development to get the information right and (IMO) it still isn't great. We bought a seat of PEPS just to program the Agie Machines and haven't looked back.

In short, if you want to use MC to gram the difficult stuff Fanuc or Mits would be the way to go.

A guy at another shop here who uses agies says they don't even use G codes. Is that true? And everything is different on the program and editing is all but impossible.

A guy at another shop here who uses agies says they don't even use G codes. Is that true? And everything is different on the program and editing is all but impossible.

Not exactly true.... the AgieVision control is very powerful in the fact that you can import in files and program at the machine. It's not typical "G-Code Programming" in that you are using the AgieVision Screens to apply wire paths. There is a G-code file that is produced but it is the simple coordinate path of the burn but the control uses internal sub routines for starts, lead on/off, number of passes, tags, etc.

That said the AgieVision is powerful but it doesn't play well with others, i.e. Mastercam Wire. Their control wants the user to input all parameters at the machine.... not an offline software.

With all due respect, I am pretty sure that I'm getting the best end of the deal not buying from these clowns again. Service isn't the only ball they dropped. Options are either go with Millenium or fly someone from Japan, which I confirmed with several independents. When you run the only game in town you get to treat customers like garbage.

Sorry dude! That sux. you probably are better off : /

In all fairness, there are two AWT speeds. Sometimes you need to thread the wire slow depending on the start hole.

Are those speeds accompanied by a different jet pressure as well when threading ? Some of the tiny start holes I had on the Mits needed to be autothreaded with no jet stream at all.... several auto retries.......fickle lil xxxx

Are those speeds accompanied by a different jet pressure as well when threading ? Some of the tiny start holes I had on the Mits needed to be autothreaded with no jet stream at all.... several auto retries.......fickle lil xxxx

I haven't noticed a reduced jet stream, just a slower feed on the wire itself. When tapering on a Fanuc over 12 degrees the upper jet nozzle has to be removed. It still threads automatically pretty good without it even with half hard wire if not too tall of part. They make a different jet nozzle to thread through the Kerf or very small start holes but I don't have one. It just goes back to thread point and threads and retraces to last place it was at. The Fanuc Wire will also allow you to select a grid where the wire searches for the start hole,adjust the U and V axis to thread and then burn its way back to vertical and start position and take off from there. That's come in handy a few times with crooked small start holes where its impossible to clear a short.

I haven't noticed a reduced jet stream, just a slower feed on the wire itself. When tapering on a Fanuc over 12 degrees the upper jet nozzle has to be removed. It still threads automatically pretty good without it even with half hard wire if not too tall of part. They make a different jet nozzle to thread through the Kerf or very small start holes but I don't have one. It just goes back to thread point and threads and retraces to last place it was at. The Fanuc Wire will also allow you to select a grid where the wire searches for the start hole,adjust the U and V axis to thread and then burn its way back to vertical and start position and take off from there. That's come in handy a few times with crooked small start holes where its impossible to clear a short.

The Mits had the same grid search and retrace on the small holes and you could select/limit how many tries ....very handy.Prolly one of my favorite options cuz our edm drill wasn't very accurate(or the person running it, more likely) For the small holes we would switch out the nozzle/cup and would just tell it not to retract on threading and maintain the .004 cup to part clearance without the jet....worked well