Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Simple requests for MC

DavidB

I'd really really like to be able to toggle right or left arc type for the lead in. The Roll into cut method works fantastic but MC lacks the ability to program this.

Also is there a way to use a contour toolpath that will move in the depth at each end of the contour? No not ramp and zig zag just go down at each end and backand forth along the chain.

Also is there a way to use a contour toolpath that will move in the depth at each end of the contour? No not ramp and zig zag just go down at each end and backand forth along the chain

Try using Ramp contour and unchecking One Way Ramping for Open contours

I was at a customers today who use PowerMill and they could use a rad and a sweep angle for the lead in. The big advantage was they could use a right or left arc as the lead in.

Rolling into cut will increase your tool life.

MC will only create an arc entry on the side of the line you are cutting. The onlw way I can get MC to give a good toolpath entry is to create geom for every pass.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkKW5Wmgx7g

I have seen this mentioned a number of times.. could someone elaborate on the 'hows and whys' of how this entry method extends tool life.. or maybe a link if anyone has one.. I know it has to do with chip load when entering the cut I just havent been able to get my mind around how its different depending which way you enter the cut. .

lol nm .. after posting this I realized the original post had a video .. duh.. :laughing:

curve 5 axis toolpath can lead in left or right relative to cut direction. So if you have the multiaxis or curve/drill 5 axis functionality you can do this.

Does Dynamic Contour not give the lead in motion you want?

I can see for a basic zig zag facing operatioin this would be a good enhancement. - But facing does have dynamic motion as an option.