Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Spaceball 5000

Paul McGarr

thanks mr crazy. I do keep alot of notes. i like to print them up and place them on the wall untill they are second nature. one other tip for this thread is i use a GRANDTEC Virtually Indestructible Keyboard out in the shop. it's great, spill coffee, pop, or anything, can't hurt it. roll it up, throw it in the sink and scrub away. it's a little glunky and built like a remote control. but for out in the shop it's a whole lot better than the frustration with the other types.

I use logitec infred ball mouse on my right hand. It never gets dirty. My keyboard has the 10-key on the right so I just go back and forth from ball mouse to 10-key. One slight movement of the ball sends my cursor all the way across the screen.

My left hand uses the ESC key and hotkeys.

Never got carpul tunnel from that either.

For some reason I use the ESC key ALOT biggrin.gif

Murlin

• 2 weeks later...

quote:

thinking about it Im right handed...so

I would prefer a mirror image keyboard since most of the keyboard strokes are near the num keys. know of any?

If I have to deal with scissors, micrometers, calipers, and every other blommin' thing under the sun that makes me feel clumsy on a daily basis, you can deal with the *one* thing that works correctly for me and my left-handed brethren.