Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Can you force a tool change?

Go Navy

I know this is an easy one but, what I would like to do is have mastercam force a tool change at the begining of each operation even if the next operation uses the same tool. The reason I would like to do this is so that I can start machining a part at almost any point as long it is at the begining of a tool change. We run a lot of very long parts and must secure our machines at night no matter where it is in the program.

thanks in advance for all the help

Al

Al, if this is something you want to do EVERY toolpath, you can set it in the defaults.

NcUtils

Def Ops

Defaults

Click the SAVE button

Now open each operation you use, and make that change. Then save it all and every time you create a new operation, those values are in place.

'Rekd

[ 09-03-2003, 06:59 PM: Message edited by: Rekd ]

Depends on the machine Mazak's wouldnt unless the parameter was set to. Fadal will not sure about Haas's been so long since i ran one or other machines. I would put the block skip in there also so I could by bass them till I needed it.

Just a little food for thought on running your machine over night we run our 16 to 20 hours sometimes. At 75 dollars an hour is that machine runs 20 hours without soemone being here just made $1500 dollar profit toward my deparment for the month. The machine is not going to do anything you dont tell it to. We also have 4 machine so in the rare days I can get that out of them we make $6000 for that time profit. Just my 2 cents worth.

Crazy Millman

I have that problem, how do I change the post so that I can get the g28 home move and shut off coolant / spindle etc. and not get the tool change? I need this for the times when I am using a single tool to machine a part, (i.e. plastic / sheet metal profiles etc.) and I need to send the machine home and turn it all off so that the operator can change clamps and the like safely.

Thanks

Clayton

I think you would want to d othat with your canned text just add it at the end of an operation or the begining. Define one of the Canned texts at your G28 Z0 and go from there. You can also so it for everytime but think you might like the canned text. If you want to do it then just have to add that into your nulltool change part of the program to get it to do it at every operation and toolchange. Look at the Mpmaster psor at emastercam I have modified it an like what it does

Crazy Millman

quote:

pbld, n, "G0", "G90", "E OR G?", "X...", "Y...", e

pbld, n, first_tool, e

"M30"

Actually, you might want something like..

code:

if t <> first_tool, pbld, n, first_tool, e

"M30"

..that would test to see if the first tool is the same as the current tool, if true, do nothing, if false, change tools. cheers.gif

'Rekd

[ 09-03-2003, 11:35 PM: Message edited by: Rekd ]