Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Manual entry

Bolts-and-nuts

I've recently had an NC program (generated by mastercam v7) which i cant avoid editing manually.

My program uses a locating pin used as a tool so that it will be used as a part stopper (to locate the part). To position the pin i used CONTOUR toolpath followed by a MANUAL ENTRY 'M0 (STOP PART USING PIN)'. The produced NC file is what I had expected, The locating pin went to the designated location but returned to the Clearance height then to machine's Z0 before the manual entry appeared.

This resulted, as i have said to a manual edit of the NC file where i had to put the manual entry in its right sequence, that is before the pin goes up to the clearance height. I could have lived with editing the NC file, but i made this kind of program for 21 parts this past few days now and my boss told me to expect more. YAIKS!!!

Is there a way to avoid this? just to lessen the risks.

what if i use V9, would i avoid this problem?

Does your machine have custom macro capability? If so just replace those positions with variables.

#100=10. (X STOP POSITION)

#101=3. (Z PIN RAPID POSITION)

#102=1. (Z PIN STOP POSITION)

GO X#100 Z#101

Z#102

M00

Then just alter the variables to fit the current job. smile.gif

Is this what you have in mind?

Thanks Mayday for the reply. hmmm.

OK, I forgot to add that the setup requires only vise because we only need to make a few pieces/part. the part requires cutting in the right length and its shorter than the vise jaw. i could have put the whole program for the locating pin but as Manual entry but the part has different lengths?

using the vise and the locating pin is seems more feasible than using fixture with locating pin hole.

For a pin stop like that, even when working with more than one vise, customize a drill cycle in the post to do this. It works great.

Do a search thru the forum. This has been covered before and I believe that Rekd actually posted his format to be copied by anyone.

[ 09-04-2003, 08:19 AM: Message edited by: Trevor Bailey, from Barefoot CNC ]

Harryman !

I used to add returning by z slope angle so that a pin will has no contact with a part

you must have one more parameter direction

and in return after m0 you add smth like this

(parameter (left)#105=-1)

(Parameter (right)#105=1)

if #105==-1

g91 x-0.1 z2

g90

z2

else

if #105==1

g91 x0.1 z2

g90

z2

else g90 z2

Sorry if my macro grammer is wrong I use another

than Fanuc controler

Iskander teh tricky

[ 09-04-2003, 08:23 AM: Message edited by: plasttav ]

One more way would be to draw line going in the "z" vector to the depth you need your pin to be and from the bottom depth another line in the direction your pin needs to move out, (away from the mat'l) then contour that chain so that the plane mask is off; then you go to your contoured operation and under options use the editor and add the M00 after the pin goes to depth....

Yeah, yeah the drill way is a lot better, I don't have it set that way yet, just giving another option to get it there; I guess I should get off of my .... and start working on it.....

F. Javier