Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

help wcs in mc9.1

cherokeechief79

any help is greatly appreciated here.i have a cube with lots of slots on each of the 4 sides on a horizontal haas.the part is on a rotary a axis.the slots are not all at the normal views(0,90,180,270)for the tool and const planes i have been picking the floor of the slots as they are all surfaces.this has aligned everything properly but im on the last row of slots now and they are all in the same orientation.i have been going to view 1st and picking entity and then the floor and the model aligns with the z straight up and the x and y oriented correctly.this last set of slots though is giving me trouble.the y is pointing down and it should be pointing up.there is a button that says next and when i click it x rotates around z but the y never changes to pointing up.

any ideas i am going crazy with this

thanks

mark

sorry i wish i could upload a file but i cant here at work.

the model is made in pro e and i told him to give it to me as iges surfaces.when i get it it is aligned incorrectly and i have to flip it upside down and rotate it too.it seems the axis indicators are lined up correctly before i manipulate the model (y is pointing in the right direction)but once i move it the last set of pockets im trying to work on has the y pointing downward and i need it pointing up, pressing the next key will not flip the y either but does rotate the x around z.

do you think if i get the model as a solid and manipulate it correctly i can then create surfaces from within mc to work around this?

i also tried creating 2 lines from the slot geometry to try to align x and y as you suggested but the y still points down ,it seems as if the lines are somehow tied to the geometry im creating them from.