Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Add to Z values?

Eric S.

hello

I have a question that should be easy to answer but I have not been able to get it to work. What I have is a mc file for a part that I need to add .05 to all of the depth values. There must be a quicker way then having to add the value to each toolpath one at a time?

Thank you

Eric

thanks for the quick response!

I didn't think there would be many people around on the weekend. biggrin.gif When I transform the geometry down in the z axis my values do not change for my toolpaths? Should it? This has never happened for me. It is simple 2d geometry not a solid and I entered the depths manualy in absolute. I do not want to just change the machines work offset because it is a job that we run often and I do not want to keep having to remember to change it. Sooner or later it will bite me.

eek.gif

Thanks

Eric

Nope Glenn if you use entites as your control verse manunal we you move all the contraol entities it will drop all the toolpaths i just did it this week for 75 holes took me about 1 minutes to move them all regen toolpahts and post out a program all absoulte depth. One other trick you can do it change the offset on all your drills to be .05 deeper on the machine as long as you have the clearance as a quick fix to get the job done in a hurry.

Crazy Millman

[ 09-06-2003, 07:04 PM: Message edited by: Millman^crazy ]

Given that you use good programming practice and feed from Z.1 above the workpiece.

Simply increase your G54 Z value by .05" at the machine control, this is hardly good practice but it will get you through in a pinch as Chris and others have mentioned.

Regards, Jack

[ 09-06-2003, 07:12 PM: Message edited by: Jack Mitchell ]