Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

can't delete some entities

Trapper Paul

Occasionally the are associated to specific trimmed surfaces.

Sometimes, i have encountered that i could not delete them with out the surfaces disappearing

on some associated tool paths, and undo wouldn't bring them back.

save first and do what Kieth mentioned in case that happens.

I also delete those invisible entities, in a few instances, and nothing went dirty.

Next time I opened that file it found lots of corrupt entities, though.

and many associated surfaces were gone but my paths did NOT go dirty.

(that was a first)

So just be aware that many different things can work and also go wrong, so save first.

• 2 weeks later...

You might try regenerating your display list. (Screen - regenerate display list) I have entities that don't show up or can't be selected and when I regenerate the list they show up and are selectable. Huge problem as it causes you to think you screwed up somewhere and deleted entities that you didn't.

I've even had entities that won't delete when I try to delete everything on the level in the level manager. What worked the last time was changing the number of the level and then selecting delete in the level manager. Restarting Mastercam before trying to delete them has also worked sometimes.

Ran into something like this Sat at work ... running X5. Started creating entities on a new layer, they wouldnt show. Layer manager showed the correct amount of entities; Screen|Regen didnt work, nothing to Unblank, couldnt even snap to any geometry/endpoints.

I ended up changing my BackGround color from white, to black, and all was well.