Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Oil Sump cleaner

Johnny M

i wouldn't pay $3500 for a cart, diaphragm pump and a holding tank.

little bit of ingenuity could get it done for $500.

ebay is your friend.

a venturi vacuum pump and a sealed 55 gallon drum could get it done. I've seen these with built in debris screens

We just bought the http://www.kellerfil...ingle_pumps.htm TKO-14.

Machine is a brand new Kitamura Box Way Machine, been in the shop for 3 months, the tramp oil has been plugging the thru spindle mesh filter.

We have only had the Keller TKO-14 for 3 days, so cannot give a really good review yet. It has definately gotten rid of the floating oil layer way better then the spinning disk / belt crap we have used before. We bought the stationary unit, could easy put a set of wheels on it, so unless you have more than 3 or 4 machines I would not think you would need the bigger unit.

These units are coalesceors so they remix the emulsion, and seperate the tramp oil, a little more fancy than a vaccuum.

i purchased one of these about a yr ago, http://www.mscdirect.com/product/67749010 it was on sale, it works like a hoss, ive dropped it in the coolant tank twice, still works fine, it does need a fairly large hole to mount and you do need to get creative on the collection container if you have a lot of oil in the sump it pulls like 1.25 gal/hr it will also pick up the fines in the way lube and not get all clogged up,

ive had a similar system to the one you posted and after about a yr all the hoses were hard and cracking and the filters / cleaning out the unit itself was a pita, i found this disk deal is cheaper and less hassle , probably not as effective at filtering the coolant but far cheaper

Gosh the price has really gone up. I've use the Keller 315 with good success. Pretty nice, you set it on very low speed and let it run for a few days unattended. The filters do get clogged quickly with fines however. But then again that is the purpose of a filter. :) I'd recommend the course ones. Also you can clean them out pretty easily.

I've also built alot of the shop vac contraptions and home-made filtration units. My time and mess isn't worth it anymore. But they are a good solution for whole-sale tank cleanouts.

I bought a Zebra coalescer for our Haas EC-1600. It's been running for several months, but the jury is still out. I think it would do better, but the Haas has so many baffles in the tank that some of the tramp oil stays trapped. That said, the tank section that the pump is in is clean.

Haas coolant baffle designer should be spanked.

"lets keep the oil away from the pump but let the chip flow freely"....

Not untill the designer of the Haas chip conveyer is drawn and quartered.

Not to change the subject of the thread, but in line with tramp oil-, We're running Blaser 2000 in

19 machines. We don't seem to have a problem with oil, but on Monday mornings you can hardly walk

into the shop without throwing up from the smell. We've tried every biocide we could find with no luck. Anyone else experience

this?

You sir, are a kind soul. I think the Haas engineer should be hung outside and shot with air-soft rifles by all the people who have had to mop up a floor after the coolant has no place else to go.

And if the morons would wind the chip conveyor the opposite way and spin the motor in reverse the chips wouldn't get shoved back into the machine.

Not untill the designer of the Haas chip conveyer is drawn and quartered.

Not to change the subject of the thread, but in line with tramp oil-, We're running Blaser 2000 in

19 machines. We don't seem to have a problem with oil, but on Monday mornings you can hardly walk

into the shop without throwing up from the smell. We've tried every biocide we could find with no luck. Anyone else experience

this?

yes. rancid coolant is caused from anaerobic bacteria that feed on tramp oil.

the cure can have one or both solutions; add a fish tank aerator and seriously remove tramp oils. Oh, Ph balance is another component.

oh and every shop that ran Blaser had a massive stink problem, in my experience.