Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X7 Verify

Loader

Hi all,

anyone else is using "transform" operations?

For ex. in my dividing head, im making simple simetric parts. 1st side running correctly, but "transformed" one, while "rotating" tool go thru material.

If i try to read .nc file, its ok, even in "run simulation verify" in moduleworks its runing correctly.

Any ideas?

THX

The transform issue in verify moving through the part showing a gouge is being caused by the fact that verify is gouge detecting and material removing the reposition move. We need to modify the software so that the reposition move is not a cutting move. For full machine simulation that move is fully gouge detected and cutting but knowledge of the machine is necessary to simulate the move properly. When we release the next update to the software the fix for this will be included. We expect that update in the next couple of weeks.

The transform issue in verify moving through the part showing a gouge is being caused by the fact that verify is gouge detecting and material removing the reposition move. We need to modify the software so that the reposition move is not a cutting move. For full machine simulation that move is fully gouge detected and cutting but knowledge of the machine is necessary to simulate the move properly. When we release the next update to the software the fix for this will be included. We expect that update in the next couple of weeks.

On a couple simple parts the tool went COMPLETELY through the part, and did Not output an A move at all.....

edit: I got around this by rotating planes...

I use planes a lot for multi sided parts and have seen a similar issue. The tool won't always go thru the part but will start at a arbitrary Z depth and position. Giving the offending toolpath and the one before it extra Clearance seemed to work better.

Although we did get good posted code, most of the time we did not get a good Verify using planes.

We currently are still using MCX6 because I'm not wasting our time until all these bugs get worked out. and we see this a lot in X6 as well when changing from say a 60 deg. tilt to a 30 deg. even if it's the same tool and both have proper Z clearances it tries to go through the part. so we have to make it 2 separate programs for the same tool. But we have used live 5 axis "swarf" and it works fine.