Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Door interlock bypass

It depends on what model and what controller?

Also I am not sure about machines offered to the USA market, but this is certainly not possible on CE marked machines. Also you will also need to consider your local OH&S laws as well. Basically how it works here is, If you disable an interlock then you personally, The company itself and the directors of the company then accept all responsibility and liability for anything that happens. That means your personal assets can be offered as compensation.

If you still want to do this there will be a way.

Thank you for replay .

We are molding shop with many setups a day ,often setups fancy. Limitation Okuma set is too strong and make this set ups even

more difficult and slow . But I don't want to disable this permanently like removing protective flag (switch) or so .

New Okuma we got is Genos with P200 control.

If you wouldn't need to bypass the interlocks then service and applications wouldn't be carrying their own.

Check who makes the interlock switch. It could be http://www.euchner-usa.com/safety.asp. You could leave the male inside the female, you could purchase a key, make your own, or use a magnet. Of course I don't recommend you doing any of those (to satisfy the mastercam safety patrol), but it is your machine (I assume) because it definitely is not a good idea to modify somebody elses equipment. Of course the machine designers and OSHA know what is best for you.

This is a lose lose lose subject.

Its very difficult to work on these machines with the interlocks in place

yet disabling the interlock leaves the machine's owner and builder liable for huge judgments should there be an injury.

We just had a large Okuma 5X HMC installed and the guys who hooked it up said disabling an interlock

or showing a customer how to disable an interlock were grounds for immediate, no questions asked termination.

They said the lawsuits were endless.

When someone gets injured in a machine shop, ambulance chasing trial lawyers swarm like cockroaches

and the first question they ask the injured worker is about door interlocks.

If the interlocks have been disabled, the case is a slam dunk.

Right out of the gate there is an OSHA violation and a big settlement is a done deal.

The machine's owner, the machine's builder and their insurance companies are going to pay.

The only thing in question is how much.

If you wouldn't need to bypass the interlocks then service and applications wouldn't be carrying their own.

I haven't been in applications very long, but I refuse to use them.......

+1 to Mr. M..... mid auto manual FTW!!!!!

feed hold.

manual.

open door

check it out......

close door

memory

cycle start.

The control even waits until programmed spindle speed is attained before axis movement.