Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

creating points and text placement

Andris Skulte

The thread about creating points got me thinking (oh oh!)... I do quite a bit of logo engraving, and nearly any text I use will be centered on the part, at least on one axis. My current method of placing text is to create letters, horizontal, and place it randomly. I then draw a line from the bottom left to the top right corner of the words to be centered (usually have to draw a vert and hor line, and create from the intersection). Then create a point on the diagonal line's midpoint. I delete the lines, and then move the text using the text centerpoint just created to the centerline of the part...

My questions are: Is there a better way of creating the centerpoint (it'd be nice to have another menu from create point>midpoint>(from intersections).

When creating text, can an option be created for alignment (center)? Is this something a Chook can do? Thanks again, guys (and gals!).

Andris

Andris,

If you use a Drafting font when creating your letters, the Drafting Globals button will activate at the bottom of the dialog. In the Globals is a way to align your text from the center point, left side, right side, bottom, top or any other way drafting text is aligned. This will NOT create a Drafting entity as it is still in the Create-Letters menu dialog. HTH biggrin.gif