Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X7 - Displaying Stock Model in Verify

Rotary Ninja

I feel kinda dumb. I have watched a few videos on X7 verify and have even been to the rollout. I don't remember seeing how to display the stock model in verify. Can someone tell me where this setting is please?

Thanks.

Hi Kevin,

This is a video

Sincerely,

Michael.

post-18049-0-67255100-1371143396_thumb.png

Yeah this thread popped up I figured I would mention something I just noticed about this, not sure if its just me or not.. but it seems like this setting doesnt stick.. if I set my stock for verify to a solid model using the verify options, the next time I open the file I need to do it again.. dont know if this is intentional or not .. think its kind of actually done that since X5 or before.. but sure would be nice if I used verify options to set my stock it would stay till I told it otherwise..

OK, now I am having another issue. I have a stock model that has a couple holes put in from two previous operations which also has some contour paths ran. I have created this stock model and have it setup as the stock in the verify settings. The stock in verify is correct except the holes are missing.

Here is my stock model and part model

HOLES_zps0f898d31.png

And here is what shows in verify

NOHOLES_zps6bf91154.png

Go to the Linear page of the Control Definition

The top box is labeled "Rapid Motion"

Check the "All axis arrive at destination simultaneously" button.

That should yield straight line rapids in the new Verify and Backplot.

Glad I could help.

Being able to back plot and Verify dogleg rapids is actually a pretty big deal... and one of the

reasons Mastercam is going to all the pain and trouble of bringing in the new UBVS.

I've seen dozens of posts over the years where a part ran clean in Verify yet gouged on the machine due to dog leg rapids

Setting the Linear page up properly in the Control Def should fix this for a lot of users