Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Post button in operation manager

Candyman

Hi,

is it possible to make mastercam post a file with just one click of the G1 button in the operations manager?

I just want it to do it without popping up dialog boxes along the way.. so I click of the g1 button and that's it my nc file appears in my editor.

Thanks

I think you can make this happen by turning "Ask" off in the posting options in System Config

Personally I think this is a bad idea. Here's why

If you rename your filename halfway through or import some ops, you'll have operations that want to post

to 2 or more different filenames.

Backplot looks OK and the file verifies OK.

If you forget to right click /edit common parameters/rename operations.. you will post 2 or more filenames

and never be the wiser.

If you have Ask enabled, you'll hit post, get a file and then you'll be asked for another filename

When that happens, you will know something is wrong.

If you have ask turned off, most of your file will be posted under one name

and your pocket roughing cycle under another.

If it's a really large file, you'll never know there are operations missing till a careless operator

tried to finish a pocket that hasn't been roughed. :laughing:

I actually had this happen to me, but my operator caught it. Ask has been enabled ever since.

turing off the ask dosent let you chang the folder on the first post then it dos not give you the option to direct the fils to a folder it just sends it to the defalt setting but it would be nice if the post dialog box dident come up to tell you what post you are using ,that is not the place to change it anyway.

Mike,

If you go to Files in Machine Group Properties, you can set the path where the files are to get posted to for that file. Then use a program like A Form Filler (in my sig) to take care of the rest. There you go...one click to post!

Thad